Bud Ford

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Dec 16, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just have to laugh at the way people get fired up about stuff.

There was no point of either Gus or Haywood ever serving in the role of "Historian" in the athletic department. The fact that someone is a Vol legend doesn't mean we have to keep them on payroll.

Kudos to Hart for actually doing something that's needed to be done for at least a decade now. I hope he gets rid of some more administrative people over there as well.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Is it possible for him to be able to remove Basilio from the Earth as well?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I dealt with Bud quite a bit when I was in school. I always got along with him.

I would have liked to see him retained, but it's a business.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I completely disagree. Haywood and Gus were much more than "historians" and to act like they are needless administrative clutter gravely underestimates their importance to the institutions. If anything, those guys are all that's right with college athletics. And yes, I think having a UT historian is important enough to keep someone on staff, on a paid or volunteer basis.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree with you on Gus and Haywood.

I don't think the historian title should be a golden parachute job

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Bud Ford being terminated while Tom Satkowiak still has a job makes me want to vomit.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

At least Bud had one foot already out the door

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Does anybody have the audio of when Monte Kiffin called into the Sports Animal after Lane resigned.