Building a gaming rig

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by emainvol, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

My case was about $120 just got it. It's a corsair and it's white.. Looks nice and has white LEDs.. Plenty of fans and great cable management that you get with the really high priced cases. Heard lots of good things about the new Lan boy case that's basically all mesh panels all over...

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I ended up buying the galaxy gtx 670 awhile back as well.Hopefully I never spend that much on a graphics card again.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Looks nice emain. Let us know if it runs like a deere.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

All I see in this thread is a bunch of words.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Actually, when I went back and looked at it and I didn't go over budget. I was counting peripherals, which weren't in the initial budget anyway. That actually came out to be a little south of 1100 + shipping, but most of the shipping was free.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Amazon prime and tiger direct = no shipping or tax.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, this was almost all TigerDirect. The case came from New Egg because even with tax I was able to get it cheaper than TD because of a coupon.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Haven't had a chance to install Windows yet, but I have the ****er put together after hours of labor. The motherboard I got is supposedly pretty sweet, but when you combine it with my case and power supply, it sure made shit difficult. I had a bit of a scare at the first power on. It came on for about 5 seconds then shut off for 5 or so seconds then came back on and repeated until I shut the power down. Turned out that I had simply neglected to connect the 8 pin. Will give another report soon, but everything seems to be in order now.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, I can't ****ing wait to test drive this [itch bay]. Anyone going to be playing Borderlands 2 in a couple weeks? It is going to take me a bit to get back into the swing of mouse and keyboard, but I am more than up to the challenge.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The ****er runs like a champion. I need a couple more games to test, but so far Crysis 2 and Skyrim have gone off without a hitch on Ultra.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Guild wars 2

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

On it, it's my first MMO though so I am still trying to get used to it before I branch out and play with a bunch of people

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Yaks bend server. It's friendly to new people IMO no sub fee and you can participate in everything even at lvl 1. Although to die a lot more in this game than most. WvWvW will really test your computer when two servers are fighting over a keep and the weather effects get going.