But he's just a weakside shot blocker

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Mar 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He still has work to do there but you can't just back off of him anymore. Without looking at stats I'd venture to guess that he's above league average from midrange for his position. Whereas two years ago he was an awful shooter.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Every other meaningful player on that roster has missed substantial time. Somebody has to score points and get rebounds. Look at Carr's numbers for a couple of years in Sacto.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Someone outplays his station in that situation every year.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We agree 100% on this. That thang is just....just....nasty.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm a fan of float's understated humor.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

So then what do you think of Davis?

7. GahLee

His scoring numbers went up after Paul went down but that's what you'd expect, right? They also won at a high level with him being "the guy" for that time period. The rebounding numbers are what they are, Jordan hasn't missed a game and he's leading the NBA in that department, if he were to miss time if guess we would be seeing his totals go up.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

What? I'm talking about Anthony Davis.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Was he talking about Griffin? I thought he was talking about Davis.

10. GahLee

Haha. My bad. Wasn't making sense to me either.

11. GahLee

So who's numbers are more inflated due to circumstance, Love or Davis?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Love.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He's a very athletic player. I don't like his skill set right now.

14. GahLee

Lack of a post game?

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I view him as a slightly more skilled Howard. Might have changed since he's now NBA and I try to avoid watching it.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I honestly haven't watched him bounce a ball one time since he left college but I thought he had a good handle for a big and a nice touch and had the makings of a good 17-20' shot (once refined) while he was at UK.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Same. He had a really good midrange shot last I saw

18. GahLee

His offensive game is pretty impressive. The game winner he hit the other night was a pull up jumper from the free throw line. He could end up having an offensive game similar to Dirk. Add in his athletic ability and defense and he could be the best player in the NBA in a few years. I haven't seen him enough to see everything he can do but I assume he lacks a good post game right now.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think he has vastly more offensive ability than what he showed at UK. Vastly. His jumper is flat out awesome, and he's obviously just a great player. Goes to show that when prognosticating on these UK players, it might be more beneficial to see what they did in high school and AAU rather than what they did on UK's team because I'll fully admit I just didn't see that kind of offensive ability at UK, and if you're honest, neither did you.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think he's improved a lot, but if all you saw at UK was a weak side shot blocker you weren't looking very hard