Butch and recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 30, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guys that are high on Tennessee are that way because they genuinely like the university.

Dooley's approach was disjointed . If Butch can sell the staff while reaffirming these guys' love for the school, he'll finish well.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I Agree. I like the fact that he isn't scared to go up against some of the big dogs. He may not win but he isn't backing down. That's a good characteristic to have in a coach.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Just curious - but which guys is he going after where he's going up against the big dogs against besides the obvious guys where its a no brainer like Bell, Green, and Lawson? I haven't kept up with recruting that much this season. Everyone on VN was complaining he was bringing his Cincy standards for recruiting players with him outside those obvious guys and just picking up 3 stars with bad offer lists.

4. 4* WR Shelton Gibson listed us in his top 4 today. I don't think he has ever mentioned UT before.
    Shelton Gibson - Yahoo! Sports

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He'll do okay. The class next year will be hard to screw up.

7. Christian Morris, 4* OT from Memphis, will visit on the 11th. He is currently committed to UCLA.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley was trying to

9. govols74n

govols74n New Member

He didn't need to "try", it's just the lawyer in him. No-one likes lawyers....anywhere, ever.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The legacies in the '14 class should be able to alone get TN in the Top 10 of recruiting

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm by no means a recruitnik, but just looking over the rivals page, if we can land those four guys listed in this thread and a few other solid guys, we'll actually come close to a top 10 class, which all things considered would be a huge deal.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If we land two five stars we will definitely be in the top ten.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Lawson, North, and Green.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Didn't Green just publicly name Michigan his leader?

16. chavisut

Yes.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And you think UT lands him?

18. chavisut

I dunno. If you're in the mix this late in the process, there is always a chance.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do