Butch Jones is a *****

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Jul 1, 2016.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

WIle E Coyote

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer had better assistants.

I like the Shoop hire, but it isn't a long term deal. He's here to get away from PSU and Franklin. He'll leave if he gets a hc offer immediately.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

With this talent, I expect him to be here approximately 11 months, 2 days and 21 hours.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm okay with that. If or when he gets an offer, it means Tennessee's defense has been elite under him.

I want Vandy to win 6 and they put off the inevitable and keep Mason. That's where he wants to be

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Triggered.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm hoping Botch starts having Meyer's type heart problems and we promote Shoop to HC.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Spot on.

8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Crapping the bed against an inferior team as a defining moment. Seems about right.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would love for him to coach a rival school.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I didn't think we played as hard against Arkansas last year at the time.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was one of the only times I've seen a team outright quit on Butch here.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Did he say this in the last couple of days?

13. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Earlier this week

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think what he was referring to was their reaction to it, the way it made them feel in the locker room afterwards

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

he called it a hard fought loss

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

"The defining moment in our football program was the Arkansas game,” Jones told reporters during a breakout session at SEC Media Days. “That was a hard-fought loss. I walked into the locker room, you had kids in tears. They could feel the negative energy, they could feel the clutter, they could feel the distractions. I knew they were looking at me."

No offense Butch, but the rest of us were in tears, feeling the clutter...or is Cluster a more appropriate word, and knocking down hard liquor just to try to cope. And, oh yeah, we were looking at you too. And, here's the real kicker. This has been going on for dang near 10 years. Whether it's the Bricks, Energy Busses, or Storming the Beaches, it has been 1 highlight reel after the other FOR THE OTHER team as well as stupid cliches and goofy analogies for too long. Honestly, how is it possible to make THAT many coaching decisions that cost a game and actually BE a coach? Vandy, Florida, Florida, Florida, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Georgia...

Thanks guys. You got me all pissed off again.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I just don't have a big problem with any of that. it's a dumb quote at SEC media days, where nobody not named Steve Spurrier has ever said anything worth hearing.

I have a problem with blowing games, though.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The way I choose to read the dumb quote is the players are looking at Butch wondering whether he knows what he is doing. I have the same look.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

fair enough.