CFB Week 10: The Best Teams In The Land

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Oct 31, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you have a point because by that theory stanford has a prayer too. i suppose i should have said resonable shot.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. he's made it pretty clear he thinks he's nfl material and he doesn't want to be at A&M anymore.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

true. the future is uncertain, but there is no doubt that there is one great team in the sec currently and a bunch of ok to good teams.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You've made arguments like this for years, but if this is the case, what does that make every other conference?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And staying true to form, my Dolphins will probably draft that schmuck from aTm.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

What did Tannehill ever do to you?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

just like the sec. i've always agreed the sec is by far the best conference around. i'm just suggesting that currently the gap aint what it has been in the past.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Alabama has distanced itself from the rest of the SEC, and the rest of the country.

That said, I think Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, and A&M would be in contention to win any other conference in America this year.

9. NorrisAlan

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

And when you have gone 30 years without a superbowl appearance, you start to lose faith in your team. 40 years since we won the damn thing.

Ugh. But, don't let me turn a CFB thread into an NFL one. I digress.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In the sec east it damn sure isn't. Alabama is head and shoulders better than anyone but lsu and tamu could win the big ten and be in the hunt in the pac 12

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

LSU would be do to the pac 12 what Alabama is doing to the SEC. A&M would be fighting for second with Oregon and Stanford.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also,

**** Florida.
    **** South Carolina.
    **** Georgia.
    **** Missouri.
    **** Vanderbilt.
    **** Kentucky.
    **** Ole Miss.
    **** Mississippi State.
    **** Auburn.
    **** Alabama.
    **** Texas A&M.
    **** LSU.
    **** Arkansas.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ridiculous. What have you seen out of lsu that would suggest they are a bcs team? A&m is Oregon without the defense.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah, Oregon's defense is amazing.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I technically live in PAC 12 country. This past week, Tennessee beating South Carolina while getting blown out by Oregon has been played up as proof the SEC is over-rated, outside of Alabama. But now the talking heads here are saying Stanford losing to lowly Utah and beating Oregon is not indicative of anything...

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Beautiful

GBFO

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Good grief, at least we are not Cal.....

Brutal Dr

18. NorrisAlan

Alabama is going to absolutely crush Auburn in the Iron Bowl. Their defense is atrocious and bama will shut down their run.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I disagree. Bama will win a competitive game. Auburn is pretty damn good.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's put some parameters to these terms. I think Bama will crush them, and by crush I mean lead by two or more scores the vast majority of the game, and winning by 3 to 4 scores.