CFB Week 10: The Best Teams In The Land

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Oct 31, 2013.

1. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I think it may be close for a half. Yes, Auburn has only had to throw 16 times over the past two games, but those games have been against teams who have a combined record of 1-11 in SEC play. They will get stuffed when they actually have to run for four quarters against a talented football team.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Truth.. You simply cannot have a great D without elite talent.

3. kidbourbon

I'll say less than or equal to two scores.

4. kidbourbon

Why isn't it #1?

Oh that's right, because Bama is #1, which is where they've been for the last four (or five?) years.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

They aren't bammer.

6. kidbourbon

It's difficult for me to understand how you write all that and then you write the last paragraph. Recruiting is a zero-sum game, and they aren't growing an endless supply of 6-5, 260 guys who run 4-6 40s. The more of them Bama et al get, the fewer we get.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

#gettingit

8. kidbourbon

I was rooting for UF in the 2006 BCSCG, and I'm now mad at myself for doing that, even if watching garbage Troy Smith invent the 13 step drop was sorta funny.

9. kidbourbon

He may be a schmuck, but he's extremely competitive and tough, which I think vastly outweighs schmuckitude in predicting future success.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I actually despise UF and OSU about equally. I couldn't lose and couldn't win all at the same time. Practically speaking, I'd rather see OSU win that one, but living around Columbus will change you. I'm a quasi-Michigan fan just because I hate OSU.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I certainly wouldn't count Auburn out at all, especially at home. Saban's defenses struggle most against teams with a mobile quarterback like Marshall.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Yep!

13. OrangeEmpire

National Championship gets Bama #1

Beating Wku and South Carolina gets the Vols #2

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or lsu and bama split them and no one else in the country get them

15. OrangeEmpire

Zero doubt that winning a national championship plays into the recruiting equation.

Gotta factor in the Florida, Texas and California schools/talent as well.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tennessee.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Everytime bama loses it's seen as proof that the sec is great rather than proof that Alabama isn't that great. You can't have it both ways.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama lost to the Heisman winner and to lsu teams that send multiple players to the nfl. I don't think that hurts the sec argument at all

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Didn't they lose to ole miss one of the years they won a nc or was that lsu? I find it interesting that Oregon is seen as a fraud because they lost to Stanford on the road with a gimpy qb. Very much doubt Alabama wouldn't get a free pass in the same situation.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I honestly don't remember