Chad Morris fired at Arkansas

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Oldvol75, Nov 10, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That team that we beat in 98 and then got us in 99 was no slouch. Wrong place at wrong time.

2. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I hear ya, but I'm hearing it could be a possibility, probably a too good to be true tease. But can you imagine it? We not only play Arky next season but to beat him at the helm and the paychecks stop as well? It'd be as a funny as watching a dentist that uses helium on root canals.

VolDad likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I don’t know.

My guess is that he isn’t vacationing even as an intern under Saban. Also landing a decent D1 job isn’t something that can happen any year. Your money runs out in 1 year and a school is offering you a contract for 4 or 5 today. I would think he takes that rather than rolling the dice someone would be there next year.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed.

He becomes a less viable head coaching candidate with each passing day, because at some point, the perception becomes that you’ve either been gone too long to return and/or that there has to be a reason why others could have hired you and passed, or both.

As someone who doesn’t think he deserved any head coaching job beyond Central Michigan, I’d say that he’d jump at / sprint to any P5 job that he was offered. If someone hasn’t hired him in 5 years, he’ll take any collegiate head coaching job that’s offered - including non-P5 & JUCO.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The downside is that if he leaves Bama they probably win the NC next year.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As long as that dumb mother[uck fay]er doesn't get to run around with a ring on.

justingroves, utvol0427 and VolDad like this.
  8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I seriously do think if Bama wins it all next year, or even in the next three, he'll say something about how proud he is of "what we built there".

A-Smith likes this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Then he will mention a stat about being .900 in games in which the fourth play of the third quarter was a run.

justingroves likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Even after almost two years, I still get triggered just thinking about him saying that shit. He gave me some serious PTSD.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He'll ride it out at bammer and start all over again somewhere else.