Charles Mosely injured in auto accident

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volguy1971, Jul 6, 2014.

1. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Understood and agree, just hope we endure no further blows. We're a team that can least afford them.

2. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

That's what they all say at first. It's how proselytizers operate. So I have to say thanks but no thanks.
    Now, a more appropriate item, does Mosely's injury make us only 3 deep and how effective do you think each
    sub will be?

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

How effective?

They're kids, we are going to get our asses whipped till late in the year.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We aren't going to be "3 deep" anywhere except at safety. Like JG said, Mosely wasn't going to be playing anywhere this season car accident or not.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We aren't beating anyone with a pulse as long as Worley is at the reigns.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

And I can't imagine Dobbs being that much better than he was last year.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He was asked to throw more in his first start ( against one of the nations top pass rushes) than Worley was until the 4th Qtr of game 3 at Oregon. No 18 year old is going to be successful in that spot.

He didn't play well, but 3 things need to be taken into consideration when looking at his 4 1/2 starts: 1). his worst game may have been reflective of a sprained thumb he acquired on the beating Baja subjected him to. 2). said beating, he was sacked 7 times and brutalized even more in the 3 game stretch of Mizzou, Aub, and Vandy ( oppose to the 6 sacks Worley took the 202 times he dropped back in his 24 quarters) 3). North and Howard missed significant games during his stretch at QB. Think who that left him with...

Regardless of age, he was setup for failure. Being a freshman just highlighted his woes.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All that is true about Dobbs. He did look like a different qb this spring

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

why tho?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he was very young and it's his second year in the system. you'd expect significant improvement.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Well lookie what ole Smokey drug in.

Where have you been?

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

No kidding. I miss that guy. Must'a been training for the 8th sprint challenge.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Year one to year two are usually where the most improvement is made

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The only time where I've not seen that marked improvement made was with Brent Brewer and several other Dooley guys.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. If anyone looks at his mechanics now and tells me they don't look improved from last year they are full of shit!

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They never had the same coach on defense under Dooley

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Same DC in '10-'11 pulse they upgraded with Sirmon.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Fingers crossed...

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I just can't imagine this much talk around Worley starting if Dobbs had improved significantly. I would imagine if Dobbs were much better than what we saw last year, it would be understood that Dobbs is the guy considering the alternatives. That's where I draw my conclusion but I hope to God I'm wrong.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We're talking about the same staff who royaly mismanaged the QB position constantly last year. Also, Baja thinks he and his dry-erase board can scheme Worley into success.