Charlie Baggett Paid 425K To "Retire."

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Feb 10, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the Dooleyites who actually bought that he left of his own volition spin this news.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

im having trouble understanding why Dooleyites would think that he left of his own volition... wouldn't that be defending the idea that coaches were leaving because Dooley is a sinking ship?

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Does it really matter what they claim as their argument? They are always right and anyone else is not a true fan.

4. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

So what. Dooley fired him? If he really just wanted to leave or retire he could have without the school owing him money

5. hatvol96

Have you analyzed the quality of logic contained in the thoughts of most Dooley supporters?

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Wasn't a good recruiter, didn't want him anyway. Also, anybody could've coached Andre Rison, Cris Carter, Randy Moss, and Plaxico Burress to great results.

7. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Anyone care to try and read the tea leaves?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He hated his job in 2011 and wasn't exactly sad about leaving.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Was an over rated coach that just had a name to sell to kids. He wasn't a team player that never bought into the offensive system. Dooley wanted to upgrade and cut bait. He didn't jump ship.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Perhaps. He was the only coach on staff who could claim his unit didn't completely suck over the course of the last two years.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd have quit mid season if the reports of Dooley taking the side of the player cussing him out were true.

12. hatvol96

I'm shocked that a coach with Baggett's resume would have trouble buying into the disjointed shitfest Chaney tries to pass off as an offensive system.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Me, too 53.

On another note, could someone here with connections put in a good word for an old D Coord? I would love to coach there. I would really love for them to pay me to leave and not coach there, though.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

For all I know this tidbit is common knowledge in Knoxville now but still needs to be brought up. In the original press release stating Baggett's retiring, Dooley got it written to give his age as 62 instead of his actual age, 55.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It is true. I heard it via a former All-American. It got out to several former players and they were livid at the shit show the team became this past season.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That whole situation really instills confidence in Dooley. I can understand how the sunshine pumpers are so optimistic in Precious now.