Charlie Strong's Resume

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

it will be hard to be middle of the road when you are recruiting top 10 classes in the nation every year.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Gundy has a 3 million dollar buy out. Gruden then you make Strong say no. However, I have zero faith in Hart.

3. Dale4Life

Dale4Life New Member

Currently according to Rivals, he has the 74th best 2013 recruiting class. Yes, I know it's Louisville. Yes, I know the recruiting season isn't done. But last year he had the 39th ranked class. It won't jump anywhere near that this year. He isn't the God of recruiting like people make him out to be. With that said, I'm OK with him if we don't get you know who.

4. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

I would have liked Stong a few years ago... that said. He is still in my top 3.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Money was not the problem. Yes past tense used purposely.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Explain Gruden comin?

7. ThunderGoodOil

ThunderGoodOil New Member

Per USA Today a year ago:

A sliding buyout remains in Strong's contract but has been boosted. The maximum buyout was previously $1 million and has been raised to $2.5 million should Strong terminate the contract before June 30, 2012. The minimum buyout jumps to $1 million from $200,000 if Strong were to leave in the last two years of the contract.

Strong gets new 7-year contract

8. ThunderGoodOil

I like him because he was a defensive coordinator. Can't win in the SEC without emphasizing defense.

9. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Sounds like it is 1 million still not much compared to what we would pay for Gundy. Although I cannot find actual k online. It is after June 30 obviously.

10. ThunderGoodOil

The minimum buyout is $1,000,000. I can't imagine the buyout dropping from $2.5 to $1.0 only eight months after the agreement was amended. Around $2,000,000 seems logical.

I wonder if the real reason that Gruden wasn't signed will ever be made public.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'll google it later, but wasn't Louisville giving up 30 pt games this season? I don't remember.

12. ThunderGoodOil

45 to Syracuse was the low point.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Ouch, I'm thinking we could have kept Cuse to 40 pts this year.

14. ThunderGoodOil

Troy Trojans... 721 yards in Neyland on 11/3/2012. A date which will live in Doofamy.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You're right, we'd of let Syracuse run up 75 points on us. Our D was terrible this year.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

So Louisville was giving up 24 pts/game. Rushing yards/game-151 Passing Yards/game-194. Opponents record-59-83. I can't find what their defense was ranked compaired to the rest of the ncaa.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Have those who brought the original story said any different?

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Jesus every time someone says Gruden comin I feel 10 years younger.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Rushing def 52
    Passing eff def 49
    Total def 25
    Scoring def 37

2012 Louisville Football Ranking Summary

20. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

#1 pass defense in big east 2nd best turnover margin. Rush D sucked and they could not get sacks. He had to go all Wilcox because his line sucked.