Chavis' Take on Our Defensive Staff.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Mar 4, 2013.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Had a chance to chat with John Chavis' son, whose name is also John, today, and I asked what his dad's take on our defensive staff was. He informed me that the elder Chavis was very underwhelmed by our defensive staff and really didn't know enough about Butch and company to have an opinion. Nothing earth shattering, I know. Just thought I'd share. And, btw, Chavis' son is an extremely nice, good guy.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He's a lawyer in town, right?

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He is.

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Jancek was a loser at Georgia and he was decent at Cincy. Doesn't scream winner to me

5. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Most on here would have the same opinion. Thanks for the post, Law.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sad part is, he'll still be better than Sunseri and the masses will herald him. But he will still suck more than likely. This 'He's better than (insert name)' mentality is maddening.

So this is what it's like to not have an unshakable commitment to win. Can't say I like it.

7. volfanhill

volfanhill Member

you all crack me up...the pipe dream gruden did not happen...we made a hire which is clearly better then the dooley hire and only time will tell if he works. ..my whole family graduated from UGA and I from UT and when you talk to UGA fans our defensive staff was a scape goat for Richt...just like Bobo was almost fired last year...the problem with this site is you are the polar opposite to VN...they pump nothing but sunshine and you all [itch bay] about everything

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Give me one good reason to believe Butch Jones can win the SEC.

The volympics?

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Hard to be made a scape goat if you do a good job.

10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I'd say it's rather impossible.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If by scapegoat, you mean had ridiculous talent and turned in mediocre results, then I agree.

If memory serves, the only reason they seemed like scapegoats was that Richt had kept them in their positions after underwhelming results prior, and by declining to make improvements, the responsibility arguably fell to him. Kind of like Randy Sanders and Fulmer in 2005.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Who the phuck are you? the problem with this site is that our athletic department is a nightmare.

13. volfanhill

volfanhill Member

ok so who would you have hired besides gruden bc thats retarded

14. volfanhill

volfanhill Member

how does the athletic department control this site. ..i agree our ad is a nightmare but you all [itch bay] about every thing. ..granted not much going on to be excited about

15. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

[​IMG]

16. volfanhill

volfanhill Member

so you think dooley had a better resume then jones?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

George Quarles over Butch

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who gives a flying **** if UT hired someone better than Dooley? They could have hired a junior high golf coach and still ended up with a coach better than Dooley.

19. volfanhill

volfanhill Member

or are you just cute with pictures

20. volfanhill

volfanhill Member

hahaha...ok idiot. ..Quarels my god.i thought i wasnt on VN