Chess

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fl0at_, Feb 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Who plays?

I don't have time any more, but always wanted to see who on VN played, and maybe have a game or two.

Red Hot Pawn has an online game that can be played like correspondence chess, in that people can take weeks to make a move. I find that it takes away from the fun of the game, but it allows busy people time to play a game or two.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I would be interested in playing. I was a decent, though unorthodox, player in high school. I haven't played in probably three years though. Still, it's a great game and would love to get back into it.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I used to play a lot when i was a kid. haven't played in some time. My dad taught me how to play, but i eventually got to the point where i could beat him.

4. fl0at_

Cool. When I get some time, I'll set us up an 8thMax group on RHP, if possible, and if not, I'll just drop off my username and we can all add each other as "friends" and get some games going. Sounds like we are all a bit rusty, so it will be a fun new learning curve.

I'll look into this in the next few days, or so.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm in.

6. fl0at_

Well, starting a group isn't free on RHP. Stupid.

But since there is a whopping (3) of us, I think we can throw usernames down.

My username is: fl0at

Registration is free, so go do it. (http://www.redhotpawn.com)

Then, once registered, click "New Game," set it as rated, non-rated, choose your side. You can play with timeout and timeout bank, but 3 and 7 should be fine.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Registered under volfanjo. I found a "float" but no "fl0at" by the way.

8. fl0at_

You follow directions... poorly.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Okay. I figured it out.

10. fl0at_

I challenged you to a match. Is one of you Izzzstupido?

11. fl0at_

Ouch.

12. fl0at_

If anyone on here is challenging, put something in the game name about 8th Maxim, or Vols, or whatnot. You get a lot of challenges, and you can delete games you don't want if they are under (3) moves. So if you get random challenges, and you don't know if they are from here, just delete it before you move.

Or play it, whatever.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I signed up. I was decent 10 years ago.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just signed up with Chess.com, and realizing that I am "meh" at the game. If anyone wants to play sometime, let me know.

15. fl0at_

Is it live or correspondence based, like RHP? Hard for me to find a dedicated time to do anything it seems. RHP I could just make a move whenever I got an email.

16. NorrisAlan

Live. 10 minute/10 minute games, blitz games (2:00/2:00). I don't know if there is a correspondence mode, haven't looked into it yet.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's your name?

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan

19. fl0at_

12345? That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

You can do both.