Christian Morris OL Memphis

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Do we have a chance?

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He is likely ours. Word is he was waiting for offer.

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

But word is just that Internet chatter.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He has a long list of offers including USC. Sounds good to me.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We might finish really strong.

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

My previous understanding of this kid was that a lot of schools offered him early and then most start back tracking over the summer. He wanted to commit to TN at one time, but the former staff was had slowed on him so he pulled the trigger with UCLA.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He camped well everywhere but UT.

9. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

He was either committed to UCLA or about to recently, and then within a day or two was being scheduled for an OV to UT. A sign they are probably losing Skipper.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He has been committed to UCLA since late in the summer or early fall. He has ties to this staff from their days at Cincy bc they recruited Memphis pretty hard. We might lose Skipper, but we also need several OL in this class so I do not think that Morris' recruitment is that related to Skippers

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We need both honestly.

12. Montrell

Montrell New Member

The Oline board looks awful right now. They need him big-time. He did have a good camp circuit everywhere but Tennessee. He also really turned heads at various combines.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Do we actually want to hang on to Skipper?

14. Definitely. He's gotten offers from Ohio State, Mich. and Stanford in the last month.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Oh wasn't aware.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think that I read he has done very well at the Army AA practices this week as well.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If we land Morris, Koehler, and keep Skipper we will have a solid haul of OL in this class when you add in Austin Sanders and Brett Kendrick (people either love him or hate him).

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I dont hate Kendrick, he's just not going to pan out. Imfar from an authority on recruiting but he isnt very good and his competition is the lowest in the southeast.

20. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Skipper is very talented and a perfect fit for this type of offense. He's an extremely athletic tackle. I think he's going to be very tough to hold on to though with all the offers he's been picking up recently.