Christian Morris OL Memphis

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I dont think they have a shot at Koehler. Skipper and Sanders would be a good 1-2 punch, but they need at least 2-3 more quality offensive lineman in this class.

2. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I tend to agree. I think Sanders and Skipper are the two quality lineman they have committed. Now they need about 2-3 more QUALITY lineman to finish out this class.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Sanders didn't dominate this year the way you would think a guy rated as highly as him should. Saying that, what sets him farthest apart from Kendrick is that he was going up against DEs whose ability level came close at times to mirroring the speed and aggressiveness of football at the collegiate level.

4. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Oh I agree. He's not an elite prospect by any means. Sanders is a redshirt for sure and probably wont be a factor for 3-4 years. Same with Skipper. That said after next season the Oline roster is going to look very scary, so some of them might be forced into action before they are truly ready.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sanders plays with a mean streak you either have or don't.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

News coming on him.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Good or bad?

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Fortenberry hinted good.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'll take it.

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

"I knew coach Elder and coach Jones. They're recruiting me very hard and they're not going to let up off of me very easy and I think they're good guys," Morris offered.

Tennessee talked to Morris about their plan for him if he were to be a Vol and that includes redshirting his first year to be strong and ready to play his second year.

"They said I can be an impact but the best decision for me is to redshirt and get a year of lifting weights and getting to know the program and everything and once I do that I'm good, I'm legit," Morris said.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If you can recruit with the promise of a redshirt, youre damn good.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hubbs says there is a lot of momentum here and Morris spurned a trip to Washington to OV at Tennessee this weekend....

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think he switches to us after his visit. He's ours IMO.

14. Montrell

Montrell New Member

He needs to redshirt. No question about it.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

From my experience, it is a good idea for most of the kids who come out of the Memphis City School system to sit out a year. Sometimes you will find 1 that is ready to help as a freshman, but a lot of times, they need the weight room work and it can be of academic benefit as well.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Hearing he's a silent.

17. chavisut

Last three weeks are going to be crazy.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Crazy is fine. It means we are in the mix with people that we want, not are forced to accept.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This

20. chavisut

It's definitely fine. I expect to hear about silent commits, secret visits, and flips.

Basically, don't believe anything until faxes start rolling in.