Christie closes lanes on bridge to get back at major

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Jan 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From the linked article:

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Truly bizarre. I suppose these shenanigans are more common than I want to believe.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Why people still email such things is beyond me.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it really is amazing how lazy and dumb people are.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm sure this happens all of the time, and second, it won't mean a thing in 2016. If Christie runs, he wins, imo.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed on your first two statements. I am sure this goes on regularly, and I am sure it won't matter by 2016. He can just say he had no knowledge of this and there is enough reasonable doubt that he didn't.

Not sure about the last statement. He's got a good chance, but Hill-dog will be a tough out.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I agree about Hillary but I thought she was having second thoughts? I would love to see them on the same ticket actually.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hill-dog is gonna run away with this thing. She'll run. She's just not going to come out with it before midterms, would be my guess.

10. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

How is politically different from a democrat aside that he has an R beside his name?

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Okay ... I guess the Republican's can trot out a tea party favorite and proceed to get the shit kicked out of them in the elections. I'd rather at least have a moderate R ... a centrist, if you will. I'm sick and ****ing tired of the extreme factions of both parties.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seems like a strange way to get back at someone.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Schweitzer v. Christie would be the most entertaining campaign ever.

14. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

MCain, Dole, and Romney ran as moderates and got their ass kicked.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Read earlier that her super-PAC netted $4M this year alone (and the money machine hasn't even cranked up, yet) - but the only one who can stop her is Biden, and he has less than 5% chance.

Christie has a lot of unknowns. Intentional unknowns, that is.

Hillary will have to beat herself.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not really.

They tried to go more moderate after going far right to win the primary. They all doomed their chances with the radical right primary stuff, imo.

It's fine with me if the GOP keeps presenting far right after far right (or having to go far right in the primaries to get the nomination) candidates. That means more wins for the Dems. It boils down to 25% are voting Republican- no matter what. 25% are voting Democrat- no matter what. The battle is with the remaining center folks & radicals do not resonate with that group. It's a matter of numbers.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what????? McCain, dole, and Romney are as far left as any republicans in the entire party.

18. JayVols

Re-read my post. I never said they were far-right.

Edit: I can see where I was unclear. I'm claiming the far-right switch in the primary poisons them whether they are far right or not. Like I said, keep having the most conservative competition during primaries. I'll take the wins.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

would be an awful dumb tactic given the fact the far right guys never win. i'm not sure what views you are referring to. Romney's problem is he came off as the rich out of touch dude he actually was. Obama is no less out of touch, but clearly much better at hiding it.

20. JayVols

I agree- even with the Obama point- but if you don't see the "Who Can Spout the Most Conservative Position Contest during the primaries, I don't know what to say.