Cinci Bowl Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by RoadTrip, Dec 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Hope everybody is watching the primary indicator of what UT football will look like next season. This is a good place to discuss the nuances of what a Jones' team employs on both sides of the ball plus ST. Forget the players' talent and execution and focus on schemes, play calling, techniques, tendencies, etc. What do you see?

2. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

They look faster than us.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Tuberville is so full of shit.

"In my career, at my age, coming to Cincinnati just seemed like an incredible opportunity." Huh?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Even I don't get that one.

5. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Offensive scheme: the effect of an I formation with one RB by using the H-back to trap block and hit the hole quickly straight up the gut. Regular zone blocking scheme, a lot of traps. Occasional zone read. The starting QB is a pass first guy, but reasonably mobile - so that works with who we have. Short bubbles, swings, and flares with deeper out and sideline go type patterns.

Defensive scheme: 4-3 but play a lot of nickel against a passing team like Duke. Play two deep zone on obvious passing and quarters coverage on first down some. Try to get pressure from the line with not a lot of blitzing. LB's have good speed with good lateral pursuit. All positions try to keep the ball/play in front of them so they meet the ball carrier straight up. Seem to be good tacklers.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  6. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Hilarious. Kind of a Pearlesque I've always wanted to be a sportscaster comment.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Incredible opportunity to get his wife off his back.

My wife hasn't stopped asking for me to take her back to Cincinnati since we graduated college 10 years ago. They don't give up.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

"Cincinnati is my dream job."

9. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Stribling is taking our D-line. Jay and others - seen anything you like?

10. JayVols

I didn't get a chance to watch it close enough to comment. Just bits and pieces.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Compared to Lubbock?

12. JayVols

Saying Lubbock sucks is one of the ultimate understatements of all time.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Try telling that to a resident. Them and Boise residents have somehow convinced themselves that their prison is a palace. Some sort of stockholme syndrome I guess. I had one recently argue with me that the Bay Area was a craphole and Lubbock was a far nicer place to live.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Boise is okay. Lubbock would be brutal. I lived in the greater area of both growing up

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Hes under the impression that every secretary in Cincy looks like Lonnie Andersen.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Professor in the family?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Military

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I am stoked that the guy who will be our DL coach gave up 34 points to ****ing Duke. The morons on other boards are creaming in their pants because he was able to "lead" a comeback on a bottom feeder ACC program. Some days I just want to give up.

19. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Exactly.

20. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Agree. This is what I was hinting at last night. Didn't see anything to tell me they are on the road back with this hire. The offense and defense are the pretty much the same as 40+ teams run that I have watched this past season. Pretty plain vanilla on D. Actually would have given up 14 more points and lost if Duke doesn't crap on itself. If the signed commits are pretty much what we have seen around here for years, staying at home and the Music City Bowl will be the norm.

I'm checking out of the UT football forum for awhile. Will wait and see how NSD goes and comment more then. Will spend a little time in the recruiting forum if I see something that's not been posted. Too depressed to care about much of anything UT football related.

Despite Tubbs' silly comments - Cincinnati is a good place to be. As good as any in the Midwest IMO. I've got some good memories from my days there and still go back to see the Reds and visit on occasion.