Clowney

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Feb 24, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

an unofficial 4.47 forty

That is insane.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Used to be that the best defense us little guys had against the big guys is running away

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That is crazy fast for that size. He almost ran faster that Eric Berry. May even be able to beat his time on the next go round. That's scary.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that sort of speed and limited collegiate production says something to me about his willingness to put his head down and get things done.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Money is a great motivator

6. GahLee

I agree completely. He has the size and ungodly athletic ability to completely dominate, especially at the collegiate level. Yet, we only saw it in spurts. Got to question his work ethic and overall level of determination.

7. GahLee

Do you think he was sandbagging?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This year? Yes.

I think he still gets frustrated if a guy pushes him around pretty good too. The guy doesn't have to work hard on the technique part of his game and can roll the ball out there and dominate.

Also, people see his measurables and think he should completely dominate a game. He definitely changes the way offenses block and scheme. He's like a great CB in that teams just don't test him. He can completely alter a game without putting up a statistic.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

QBs around the league fearing for their lives?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Also, they didn't move Clowney around too much either. He was going against a LT most every play. It's either to stay away from him or have extra blockers on him.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Before Clowney, Jevon Kearse was the biggest freak of nature to play DE and he had, what, 16 sacks as a rookie?

12. GahLee

That's all true. But the NFL is stocked full of lineman who will do what you just said, push him around. Unless he was sandbagging so hard this year that we don't even truly know what he's capable of.

13. GahLee

Yup. 8 forced fumbles as well. It was absurd.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think teams just said **** that guy, go the other way or get the ball out immediately if we're passing on top of Clowney sandbagging.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kearse's wingspan is what was amazing about him. He could be blocked and blocked well and reach out 5 foot with one arm and cause a fumble.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Someone post the video Tiny tossing him.

TIA.

17. GahLee

He knew he could come to the combine and post crazy stats and his production last year would be all but forgotten. Heard Bill Polian talking about Clowney yesterday and he was about to nut himself when he said if he could run a sub 4.6 forty. He's probably going to need to need an ice down after that first run.

18. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

He'll be top 5 regardless.

What I think is funny is the analysts pontificating about the possible advantage of him going to a team that already has a dominating type DE that can help him and be an example. That seems stupid to me. You think JJ Watt is going to take this guy under his wing? If you come into the league and can't be self motivated then just GTFO. The other guys are all working for their salary too. I personally believe he'll have flashes of brilliance his rookie year. When O lineman get tape on him and he has to continually learn new techniques to be dominate, then we'll see what he's made of. JMO

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed, but what happens once he lands a big contract?

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Couldn't disagree more.

Whatever problems Clowney has had - with millions hanging in the balance - will only get worse, once a few million are dumped on him. Much worse.