CNN says Charlie Vergos Rendezvous restaurant has the best BARBECUE around

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Apr 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Central and the Commissary are my two favorites. Rendezvous isn't even close.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've had No. 5 about a thousand times in my life and they now sell it frozen in grocery stores. Skyline chili, spaghetti noodles and cheese. God's gift to hangovers the world over.

4. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Rendezvous is a shitty tourist trap.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'd throw in Neely's on my fav barbecue places as well. Rendezvous is vastly overrated.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I make that all the time. Oddly enough, I often throw some of the Rendezvous dry rub in the chili.

And I agree with everyone that Rendezvous has great ribs but there is better BBQ elsewhere in Memphis. Neely's isn't really that great either (bbq wise, sides are great) and it's also famous.

7. faildozer

faildozer Member

take it to the bbq thread. shit.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I really have issue calling Skyline "Chili". I admit I think it's disgusting so I'm likely biased, but it's sweet and sugary. It's not spicy and hot like real chili should be. I call shenanigans.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Haters gonna hate.

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

+1

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Walked by and thought about getting chowder at Union Bay Oyster House last time I was in Boston a couple months ago. Then I figured I'd rather pay $3 anywhere else than $8 at the oldest restaurant in the US. I don't make a good tourist.

12. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files: