Complete Idiot (Lyle Allen Jones and time management)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Nov 22, 2014.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Which I've seen plenty of times and never once an offside.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Where you getting 40 seconds?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There were 2 minutes left when Missouri came up short on third down.

4. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I thought we had like :47 seconds left before halftime. If it was 1:30, then that does make a difference. I didn't record the game, so I will differ to someone else.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They are the better team. Thus, minimizing our scoring opportunities is the key to victory. Got it.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It wasn't hundsight. We were blistering him at the time.

H sucks balls. Lack of urgency says he's secure in his position, even though he should have been fired after the UF game.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It was 47 seconds because we allowed them to run a bunch of clock out.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Les Miles is a mental giant compared to who we're trotting out, IMO.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your first sentence isn't being debated by anyone, so nice straw man. No one is looking back in hindsight, it was said at the time in the chat: "WTF?" I'm not convinced Mizzou is the better team, but rather a much better coached team. Wanna see which roster puts more folks in the NFL in a couple years? Our offense caused our offense problems all night. Missed reads, blown blocking scheme, hand offs that take literally 3 seconds for the carrier to receive the ball, etc.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We had way more than 47 seconds. I know that because I was surprised pinked didn't call a to.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hell Missouri tried to bail him out on not calling a TO by snapping for the punt with 18 seconds left on the play clock

12. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

We squandered plenty of scoring opportunities tonight.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And they could have squandered one more, but the coach didn't use one of the advantages they had to allow them to do that

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did. We did.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, that too

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'll concede that the screenshot was favorable. Still not sure the ref was in position to make a non-obvious call, and they didn't announce offsides prior to the review which opens the door for the appearance of impropriety.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

True but the flag was already laying there on the field, so it's not like they decided to make it up after the fact.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Could have been about 2:30 and 1 TO left or 2:00 and 2 TOs. Calling a TO before 3rd and long might have been a tad aggressive, but we had time either way.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

So trolling the crowd at best, right?

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I am not gonna get overly worked up about that call. Even if it goes our way, we only have about a 1/10 chance of winning the game.