Complete Idiot (Lyle Allen Jones and time management)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Nov 22, 2014.

1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

If we don't let Mizzou score those 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, we aren't even discussing this. We had plenty of opportunities to beat Mizzou tonight, and we didn't do it, regardless of the situation right before the half.

Mizzou's D-line beat the brakes off of our O-line, if you want to use a brake reference.

2. MWR

MWR Contributor

And one more sad thing about this situation. This IS - and is likely to remain for some time - Tennessee football.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Good point.
    Makes you wonder why we didnt attack the edges more with Hurd and the Wrs instead of belly plays right at their strength.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You think you're smart just because you saw The Butterfly Effect or something?

5. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I thought WR screens would work great tonight, especially since Pearson was healthy. Take the D-line out of the equation. They did run the screens to Hurd, and he made a few plays with it. Just thought they didn't use that play enough tonight. Of course, we dropped a lot of throws tonight too. It was a sloppy game on offense.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

edit

Here is the deal. We got beat. Our oline got raped, which is somewhat relevant this week. There is no reason to believe the O Line will be significantly better next year. We mismanaged time. If you don't think it would have made a difference, then that is fine. But, the coach of the UT FB team should not be making Les Miles timeout mistakes...in either half. Mizzou was very well prepared for this game and it showed. They are better coached.

I am sick of losing and fighting like heck to get to 500. We are on a slow boat to China and I see no reason to be overly optimistic. I could care less about baby steps and it is a humiliating state of our program that Vandy is now the difference between a bowl and ddiapos. I do hope we make it to the BBQ Brisket Buffet Bowl, but I am not happy about it.

And, I will just say that I seriously believe the RAPING and, subsequent suspensions and distractions was a difference maker.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

OL won't be much better next year because Butchugger put all his eggs in the Blair basket this year and they cracked.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jack Jones will be better than a one legged walk on, no offense to Gilliam. Stewart has a chance to be a great guard. I think the rest are developmental guys.

9. Beechervol

Hurd against DBs and LBs is a better bet than Hurd dodging DTs 3yrds deep. Im not sure why the film study doesnt reveal that.

10. Beechervol

Probably true. But even thats gonna require some time.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's obvious this offensive staff plays scared against teams that have more talent on defense. It's more not to lose than it is to win.

It's infuriating.

12. Vol by Birth

Vol by Birth Member

One of the most depressing and accurate things said all night

Edit: In response to MWR post

13. Beechervol

Yes. Yes it is.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So you are positing that Butch and Co or certain members of the team simply allowed those touchdowns by choice? I'm failing to see how making a bad decision or play while attempting to accomplish something and standing on the sideline like a big old ***** with your thumb up your ass doing nothing more than pissing away any chance at going into halftime with a lead are the same.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Truth be told, the true anomaly was the miracle in Columbia three weeks ago. This staff is total garbage.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just to get a little more out of me before I go to bed, I'll submit that the way the first half ended could be interpreted as at least a decent representation of Butch's attitude toward the whole.season.

17. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I just did a final project about time management. Too bad I finished it before that game.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You are missing the forest for the trees. What Butchie did before the half was demonstrate two things, his giant vagina and lack of any faith in the players on offense. They didn't even ****ing try to do anything. How exactly is that supposed to turn around in the second half if your coach throws in the towel 2 minutes before the half is over?

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is troubling. I want to be behind these guys, but they are doing things on game day that make me believe that in 2 years time we will be right back where we are and looking for another freaking head football coach.

0-3 vs Missouri. What the hell.
    0-10 vs Florida
    0-8 vs Alabama
    0-5 vs Georgia
    0-2 vs Vanderbilt

2-0 vs OBC

Someone explain this bizarro world we are living in, please.

And I am tired of being patient. I am tired of processes. Someone wake me when we are good at football again. not great, just good.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For whatever reason, I'm just not freaking out. Line got destroyed. The interception wad a back breaker. Given how we had gotten destroyed up front, I'd played the first half out too.

I think mizzou gets a bad wrap because they ate mizzou....and the loss to Indiana....which I cannot figure out. They are a good team.