Complete Idiot (Lyle Allen Jones and time management)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Nov 22, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Their defense is legit. The stunts their dline were pulling all night had our oline completely bamboozled. I am just tired of losing. And no I won't be patient. I have been patient since 2001.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I am not freaking out either but am so disappointed in both the live and the lack of coaching when it was crucial during the long game.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Or, we were scared to death to commit a turnover before the half, or we were so happy with a tie going into the half. Either way, coaching is garbage.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

When that bullshit read option takes so long to develop that a blitzing DB gives Dobbs a little bump after he hands the ball off, just to realize the QB did really have the ball and he just got a sack, we need to re-evaluate.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Unfortunately we are not there yet. , and I know to expect fallout from this statement, but we are really close.

6. CardinalVol

Was the d end and that was pretty much what he did all night.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I agree. Coaching is what is irritating leaving time on the field. Still may have lost but please o please try.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

When your RT has no ACL, the D-end should win every time.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No way. You come out and try something on first down. If it's a total bust, then just run out the clock. If they do something stupid like go into prevent and apply zero pressure, you drive down the field and at least get a field goal.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm with you. Still not happy about the end of the first half.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I felt the game would go how it did. We are just way behind on the o-line. Couple that with a terrible scheme and it's a recipe for disaster against any team with a defensive line. I hate it, but it's where we're at. Butch needs to improve drastically in the offseason somehow. If that's possible

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I still thought we'd look better on defense, even without AJ. Jakob may be our most physically capable backup, but he looked very hesitant. Hard to believe there isn't someone with more experience that could do better.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think he will get there. My biggest gripe on defense is Coleman and McNeil. The sooner they leave, the better. We tackled like garbage last night to.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think the talent is there, and the sunday - friday stuff is OK. But our Game management has me seriously worried. That challenge of the onside kick was so bad. It reeked of desperation.

15. CardinalVol

I see the point. I can go either way. I just have no problem when our tackles had been mauled all night and we would be in position where they just pin their ears back. Throw in getting the ball first and I have no problem with it.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Questionable and dumb assed are not synonymous. Instinct is not the same thing as guessing

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Missouri isn't very good. Lost at home to Indiana, only beat UK and Vandy by 10 at home with the Vandy game being a three point game until very late, and got shutout by a UGA defense that gave up 32 to Worley & Co.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Their strength went head to head with our weakness all night. They re-exploited the o-line for the crapshow that it is

19. CardinalVol

If back to back east titles (highly possible) and a 10 game road win streak is not very good, then sign me up because I'll take it. They aren't top 5 level, but they ate a good team. They win, that's the goal.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im curious to see what they do against Arky next week.