COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is this Corona related? have you soaked your liver in enough Jim Beam to offset the virus?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I blew an anaerobic plaque out of my sinus one morning on the way to work and turned to ask my wife if she smelled it, and she was turning green and about to barf

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Why do you ride with your wife to work?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

She rides with me

A-Smith likes this.
  5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

You expect him to drive himself?

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Can you even drive with a rear-facing car seat?

hohenfelsvol, NYY and CardinalVol like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

"Overdosing" as in, they took too much?

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Presumably were given too much or had toxic responses to quantity given.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

if you told me half the drivers in Blount/Knox did this, I'd be inclined to believe you

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

what TT said. as mentioned earlier in the thread, this drug can affect your heart and some people are more sensitive to this issue than others. it isn't something us non doctors should be self medicating with, for certain.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My wife's gallbladder is presumably [uck fay]ed. It's been an issue for a while that they had been monitoring and treating with medication. It's went to 100 over the last few days so we have to go to an office in West Knoxville for a HIDA scan tomorrow and the very real possibility of surgery in the coming days. The timing on this is phenomenal.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure you'll be fine. they're crazy good at taking out gallbladders and will have her back home quickly.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think I would much rather have a medical procedure right now. Hospitals aren't at their stress points and I would think your wife would receive excellent care.

Still, prayers up for y'all because I know this is incredibly stressful.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Health officials are warning Nigerians against self-medicating after demand for the drug surged in Lagos, a city that’s home to 20 million people. Two people were hospitalized in Lagos for chloroquine overdoses, Oreoluwa Finnih, senior health assistant to the governor of Lagos, said in an interview.

IP likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

actor from walking dead tested positive. on cnn, saying he tried hard to get tested all over and couldn't be, until someone recognized him from the show. he called it disgusting, as it was clearly preferential treatment. also got a 9k bill, which would devastate a normal family.

we may be [uck fay]ed. this all sounds so [uck fay]ed.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it. UTMC is usually pretty damn good, but everything going on has my wife in a panic about the idea of going to a doctor's office and the possibility of having surgery right now.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's what I told her. 100x better now than a month or two from now when they are picking and choosing what to treat.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd return the $9000 bill to them with a color photo of my taint.

kmf600, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Wow good find. Yeah - not a good idea.