COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have seen videos of marijuana doing miracles for Parkinson patients.

I will take it for recreational purposes just as soon as it is legal.

JayVols likes this.
  2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

My mom came to visit when I was checking out their website. She's been after me to quit for YEARS. I took my 1st chew when I was 8 & was trying to be like the high schoolers that helped us put up tobacco.

She was excited. 10 minutes after she left, she sent me a text telling me she had ordered 20 cans for me....

Gotta love momma.

utvol0427 and zehr27 like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JV i think the right dose and strain of a gummy could have potential for you. I have seen everything from a person not needing to drink/smoke anymore to reduction of xanax to sleeping better, lowering stress, etc, etc. Of course others gummie up for other reasons and overdo it too often, or add it to a bottle of wine and complain about the gummie messing them up, but the last few years, in the 45-60 age group, the use has gone up a lot and it truly has nothing to do with getting high. It's a plant and zero reason in this world it should be banned anywhere for any reason, especially when the streets are loaded with drunks going home from happy hour and killing people daily.

utvol0427, fl0at_ and JayVols like this.
  4. JayVols

That's why I'm very interested, but I like my freedom.

5. JayVols

Not at all aimed at you, but I've been waiting to say this for a long time because it's been said to me many times in the past when someone disagreed with my take on labor:

If they disagree with anything about their job, they can just quit & get another one.

Man. That felt kinda good.

The Dooz likes this.
  6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I was going to try it, until the nicotine part. I quit almost 6 years ago, and I am not looking to start again any time soon.

The addictive nature of nicotine puts me off.

7. fl0at_

It's changing, but slowly. We're probably 15 years away from recreationally legal in Tennessee.

There is a chicken egg issue, because people need to see that users aren't just burnouts lounging around, but working professionals who treat it no differently than a drink after work.

But how can those people come out in the open when they have that stigma, or worse, fear prosecution.

IP likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

it will never be for me but it also just isn't worth the cost of prohibition. it's just a vice

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

they have zero if you don’t want the nicotine

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like it and just get one dip of black Buffalo a day in the evening.

I figured I’ve basically gave up carbs might as well treat myself a little

zehr27 likes this.
  12. fl0at_

Nice. I'll check it out.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Highly recommend the pouches over loose. Just seems to hold up better. Imo

fl0at_ likes this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’d suggest giving the Delta 8 a shot it’s good stuff

JayVols and emainvol like this.
  15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The year is 2025, VolDad has entered the Bonnaroo campground…

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Transfer potle

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So these new vaccine mandates seem.... interesting. I keep seeing that it will affect "100 million" Americans. I wonder how many of those 100m are already vaccinated?

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm enjoying the admin staff refusing to get the vaccine yet going insane if someone gets within 6 feet of them.

JayVols and justingroves like this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

There's ~270mil people over the age of 12. Of that number ~177mil are fully vaccinated or 65.5%. Assuming that percentage roughly holds. This could lead to another 40mil +/- vaccinations, which would increase the fully vaccinated over 12 population to 80%

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A woman at our Chattanooga office was like that. She wasn't "gettin' no jab", but freaked out if anyone was in the office without a mask or got around her desk area. Ended up in the hospital with Covid.

JayVols likes this.