COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's such an unknown. People I thought would most certainly get in a bad way with it were just fine, and folks that you'd think would be fine get it the worst.

I don't think we're going to keep tracking cases like we are for too much longer. It'll be reported like the flu, X amount of deaths per year.

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

It will be interesting in 5-10 years if they can find a correlation for WHY some people that definitely should have kicked out of it just fine died and some that should have not fared so well. I know there will be thousands of studies and they'll likely figure something out that would give some answers.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it may have to do with having a goldilocks immune response. Too much and you are dead. Too little and you are dead. Has to be a moderate response inside the bell curve.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm proud of you too. Except I'm not being facetious like [unt cay]head Float

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have doom posted enough here that I should point out that numbers in the US continue to improve. Everything appears to have peaked. New cases are still kinda high, but they are going down steeply.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

CDC mask recommendations for healthy indivs are gone too

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hopefully there’s a lot of soul searching on this afterwards because the damage done to themselves with our institutions is scary.

we need them to be independent and trustworthy. they need to be gutted and redone.

zehr27, Indy and ole_orange like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, the CDC has lost a lot of credibility as an independent institution driven by science. It clearly isn't, no matter which angle you come at it from. That needs to get fixed.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No new variant? This thing over?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

No new variant spreading rapidly. There are new variants all the time.

Not sure if it is "over." It'd be hard to feel too sure until next winter. Unfortunately, it is still clipping a lot of unvaccinated people in this country.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Biden did what he promised

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't put it like that.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the biggest curve ball is with it mutating with animals and jumping to us.

Quite a few think that's the case with omicron and it mutating in a mouse/rat and jumping back to us.

IP likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

And it is running through every species of mammal they seem to check.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still a good time to get your recommended vaccinations for COVID. I'm not saying this is going to blow up here again, as we are way more vaccinated and exposed than China has been anyway, but something to not sleep on.

Poppa T likes this.
  16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think China is doing this to fight the virus or that we've been more exposed than China.

They're doing this to cause more pain for the West.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Fiance has a doctor appointment tomorrow. She got sick last week (we think it was the flu). She tested negative for Covid twice. She's going to the doctor for something unrelated.

She's afraid that she's gonna get the question "Have you had symptoms in the last 14 days," and that if she answers yes, they'll make her reschedule.

Should she lie and say she hasn't had symptoms? Should she tell the truth but then follow it up by saying she's had 2 negative covid tests? She doesn't want to have to reschedule the appointment because she didn't have Covid. She went back to work today.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tell the truth and include the fact that she had 2 negative COVID tests. Lying makes no sense.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If telling the truth and including the fact that she had 2 negative Covid tests leads to her appointment getting rescheduled, then how does lying make no sense?

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If you’re going to lie to the doctor then there’s no point in going to the doctor.