COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Then we really need to look at the pseudoephedrine angle. Might explain why Trump hasn't contracted it, too! HEY-OOOooooo!

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And they said C.S. Lewis was dead.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

“Hoarding”. You meant to type “hoarding”.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm assuming the virus is actively avoiding both of these places.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Miami-Dade is shutting down all restaurants, clubs, and movies at 11 pm tonight. Only deliveries at this point

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

needed to do it day before

7. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's just stupid.

It's obviously because God wants women to go back to being housewives. God doesn't want women being productive members of the workforce:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11183...ushed-back-into-homes-christian-blogger-says/

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Florida has banned groups of 10 or more from beaches.

I don’t see why beaches have to close - but this policy is the right one. Stick to isolated family units on the beach. Close the beach if they’re so crowded that you can’t meet that requirement.

10. NorrisAlan

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. CardinalVol

So a bunch of food trucks around here are gathering tomorrow and feeding kids for free. I like the intent, but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose?

13. NorrisAlan

Our schools will be offering meals to kids that need it, but to go. For some kids it is the only meal they get, so between starving or getting COVID, I think I'll risk COVID.

And I think as long as it is show up, get the food and leave, the contact will be minimal, but probably necessary.

Volst53 likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

We are going to be doing that to. This is more of just a bunch of people getting food and inevitably hanging out. This has zero to do with the school efforts.

15. NorrisAlan

Yeah, that is different. If it is get your food and gtfo and only a few at a time, that is fine, but you are right, inevitably it will be a hangout.

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm absolutely 1000% convinced they are going to have to lock the entire nation down for 2 weeks save for going to the grocery stores because of people like my poor dad. I just had a hell of an argument with him. He's 64, severely immuno-compromised and on tons of medication for heart issues, blood pressure, diabetes - and he smokes. He's going out of the house now for the 3rd time today. First time was to visit one of his uncles which I guess was not that bad. Then he went to the Dollar Store and I offered to go for him and it's not like we are desperately needing anything. Then he just left to go get a newspaper and to run by Walmart.

I asked him what he needed from Walmart and he said, "ah, just want to look around and make sure we don't need anything else." I kind of scolded him and he snapped at me that he wasn't going to be a prisoner in his own house and live scared and said that I should be the one who should still be trying to go on business as usual because I'm self-employed. I've been out today for a couple of hours to view some homes for an out of state buyer making videos of vacant houses.

He doesn't get it - and this is a pretty smart man. But he can't help himself. I mean Jesus Tapdancing Christ - this is unprecedented and will be a couple of week period that could drastically change the way the world is. And even people like him just can't seem to get it. I'm at a loss. They need to shut us in because of people that can't otherwise help themselves because that's the only way they'll make this work. This recommendation shit isn't going to work.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Trump rolling back the 1938 trucking bill for the first time

18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Well this is a pretty effective line.

#Vols AD Phillip Fulmer: I hope everyone out there — especially the millenials — understand this is not just about them. It’s about someone else, too. It’s about making sure grandparents can enjoy their grandchildren.

19. NorrisAlan

Papaw coming in with the paddle swinging.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We are not allowed to ride two deep in our trucks at work, not allowed to be within 6 feet of each other, except, I guess, when we're 40 feet in the air working on powerlines, which happens to be 70% of the day.

justingroves likes this.