Covid era dreams

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by chef65, Nov 14, 2020.

1. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Lately I cannot enjoy myself even when dreaming. I have a few brief moments of blissful ignorance before realizing that no one around me is wearing a mask. I panic and wake myself up like my life depends on it. Has anyone else seen their dreams affected by covid?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes when i fall im actually landing

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, but I don't remember my dreams. I can't say the last time I woke up and thought, wow, I dreamed.

But 1 in 5 COVID patients have aftershocks, of the mental health variety, with one of the bigger ones being anxiety.

If you haven't spoken to your provider about it, now is the time.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like you’re carrying way too much stress.

Physical activity, some hobbies, not going down the media narrative and keep strong family and friend relationships

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had election nightmares that tangentially would invoke COVID stuff, but I frequently have nightmares/disturbing dreams so this is not unusual or alarming to me, once I am awake. They're also really easy for me to understand their roots, so I don't find them very mysterious. E.g., I have a presentation I am giving in a week. So I am going to have anxiety nightmares involving public speaking. In a way, it helps steel me because I sort of "experience it" in a small dose before it happens.

That being said, if you have had COVID that is a little different. Like Float said, there are some mental health links post-infection that warrant talking to a health professional.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is also important to accept that you can control some things, but not others. Control the things you can, live your life, and take things as they come.

7. Ssmiff

Electoraphobia? Zero chance i lose sleep over an election

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I know. It doesn't really affect you, and if it doesn't affect you, you don't really care that much.

9. Ssmiff

Bigger things man. You will see.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can't tell if this is a hounds of heaven post, a Qanon post, or a "wait until you have kids" post.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I confess that I seldom remember dreams, but I can assure you that absolutely no dream I remember ever had anything to do with an election.

12. Ssmiff

Its a you will find out or you wont post. Fortunately i dont have bad dreams about politics. Cant imagine it being a stressor

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate to sound like one of those "wait till you have kids" guy, but having kids changes a lot of what you stress out over. It's not really less, it just shifts.

warhammer, NYY and utvol0427 like this.
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Especially at the federal level.

Trump or Biden neither one knows you exist or gives a shit.

local politics matter way more

warhammer and NYY like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Or till your loved ones get sick, or you have kids out driving around or in college, hoping to never get the text a few friends have gotten. Wife still recovering from cancer, special needs 20 yr old working, driving and living away from home, 18 yr old trying to figure himself and his future out and a 14 yr old full of hormones enough to make him play like itshay in his game today. Election smelection

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have frequently said I have no real problems, personally, and am grateful for it.

justingroves and Ssmiff like this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I find myself feeling depressed more frequently, but it's not increased the frequency of bad dreams.