Credit/Identity Thieves

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ptclaus98, Sep 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Are the lowest scum on the planet. Discuss.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Right down there.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Card numbers got stolen this year, a fake made and then used for $50 at McDonalds.

So I just froze my credit. Who needs it, anyway?

4. fl0at_

Do need to put a freeze on my kid's SSN, though. That's a way to steal an identity for 18 years unnoticed.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Had ours stolen twice. No fun. One guy bought several iPhones, some woman spent 300 bucks at some trashy clothing store.

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

In the spring someone was using "my" debit card in Mexico, was a pretty easy fix with minor inconvenience.

A few years ago someone tried to change my address on the amex to san diego and request another card, they caught it and notified me right away.

Guess I've been lucky all in all.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Had mine stolen twice this year. Once after visiting Chicago, once while driving from Knoxville to DC.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Isn't using a CC at a gas station one of the more common methods they use?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My credit card company rep was drilling the shit out me last time. Yeah dude I decided to go to Compton to 7/11 for my shopping needs and I'm just trying to screw you out of $200 after spending tens of thousands on other shit.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

We got a call from American Express checking if we were in South America. Someone was using my wife's account in Brazil, Peru and Argentina. My wife asked how did they get her number, and the lady asked her had we used the card in a Mexican restaurant? We had.

We got a letter re: cancelling the account. I wrote them back and asked if they could leave it open because the thieves were spending less than my wife.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's what I was told. I only stopped once, so I know where it happened.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Yup. They place a scanner on the machine.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

It's rampant. Most people that are doing it aren't bright, though.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Maybe, but who is ever arrested and procecuted for stealing someone's identity?

I went into collection for owing 20,000 coconuts in cell phones. Someone stole my tax refund about 4 years ago, which took a year for the IRS to resolve, after my wife asked one of her political friends for help. Someone collected unemployment for 2 months before the dipshits in HR realized what was happening. I have probably 3 accounts a year used by pieces of shit to buy stuff, most recently last week. The good news is, they are making it much easier for the victims to clear all of the bad uses. When they bought all of the cell phones, I was getting called all hours of the day from collection agencies that were calling me stupid for allowing someone to steal my identity, if it was even true. Now they call and ask if I used my card to buy Cheetoes and Mountain Dew in Connecticut.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good grief.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Jesus.

17. fl0at_

Placing a freeze on your credit won't allow any new accounts to open, or anything that requires a credit check. Just saying.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, kmf. You must have a cool name

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

ba ha ha

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Elitist.