Critic's review of Jason Aldean/Florida Georgia Line

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by justingroves, Oct 29, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wow.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That's the best review I've ever read. I also appreciated how that link to "the ten biggest douchebags on country music" pops up right in the middle

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I like this guy.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Found this in the comments:

[video=youtube;7TtSamAaRvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TtSamAaRvg#t=38[/video]

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

He should've added box-new work boots.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Let's be honest. The struggles and culture that spawned country music 1935-1990 are largely gone. So the shallow content of modern country music isn't too surprising. It refelcts the dreams, aspirations, and though-life of current red state America --which are largely morally and mentally bankrupt. (I'm not claiming the blue states are any better.) So it really shouldn't surprise us that we have Taylor singing about being dumped/spurned over and over. What should bother people is that a country melody is a country melody is a country melody. Singing blues or, shudder, pop with a twangy accent and a steel guitar intro does not make the music country in any way, shape, or form.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The one that bothered me was the post dissing the "Wreck of the Old 97" as something no one likes. That we need to move along because times change.

Cash's version of that is literally one of my very favorite songs. If that doesn't appeal to country music fans then the music isn't salvagable anyway.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you don't like that song and say you area country music fan, you need to step out in front of the ol' 97.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Most of my friends who like country music aren't very smart.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Old country or new country?

Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard and Johnny Cash should be considered national treasures.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline and Tammy Wynette as well.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The current garbage.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I took the Miss to go see them here because she likes Aldean. We basically skipped FGL minus the last few songs. That review is spot on. They ****ing suck.

Aldean was actually decent. He doesn't bother me much.

We're going to see Eric Church and Dwight Yoakam tomorrow night. I think it should be ok. She will be happy.

15. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I'll be there. Should be a good time. Haven't seen Dwight but he's one of my favorites. Church puts on a great show.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yes and yes.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..... Morally bankrupt?

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Kee-yiss my ayss yankee boy. Why don't you go have a bagel and a cup of stfu.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Let's not do this here.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We managed 4th row tickets somehow. From that spot I'll watch just about anybody.