Current #1 recruiting class...

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by g8terh8ter_eric, May 30, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hehe. Poona.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This class is going to make it hard for Butch to fail here.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Exactly.

4. BigOrangeBeech

I don't disagree with you here. ..

5. BigOrangeBeech

If we finish with adding mostly 4 stars or at least average close to that then I will say that we could be top 3 in conference. But I was basing my opinion on more of maintaining the average stars we have right now which is closer to 3* average than 4.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We need a solid foundation class to build on. So far, this is fitting the bill.

7. BigOrangeBeech

Definitely.

8. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

+1

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guys Tennessee are in on are all highly ranked top 250 type players.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Damn you people for giving me hope.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

They likely add 3 more OL. Those could end up 3 star guys. Not sure how the JUCO guys will end up ranked, but I expect one or two of them on the OL.

Most likely we end up in the 6-10 range imo. Either way this class will be a good one.

12. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

I'll just sit and wait.....mean while I'll have another beer and ask god for forgiveness for calling Phillip phat phill....

13. BigOrangeBeech

Yep. Hope we land em all...

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I don't think it would matter if we got beat by 987. To the extent that losses during the upcoming season will have ANY impact on the strength of the recruiting class, it'd be a trivial impact. That can't possibly be how recruiting works. The notion runs contrary to countless of examples of teams getting through better recruiting. Getting better through better recruiting would in fact be impossible if the #wins during the season had a substantial impact on the strength of the recruiting class.

And because we know that teams get better all the time through better recruiting, I'm officially going on record with my belief that (a)it has almost no impact, (b) to think otherwise is stupid, (c) f you do think otherwise you are stupid and (d) you should feel bad about that.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it seems to me that these kids know where we are...at least for year 1 i have a hard time believing that wins and losses have that huge an impact. could it cause a kid or 2 to change, i think so, but i just don't think these kids are stupid.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think you have to show some progress. not many examples of non bowl teams landing top 10 recruiting classes, as an example.

17. kidbourbon

I'm quite confident Nick Saban would have landed a top ten class his first year even if Bama had gone 0-12.

18. kidbourbon

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

20. kidbourbon

1. Try to stay on topic
    2. Take the same hypo and apply it when Saban started at LSU -- before he was a legend. Same result.

3. What in the world does what you wrote above have to do with my post that you quoted. I was showing you that UT had a top ten class the same year they missed a bowl.