Current Talent Level

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Agree on WV. I'm looking more at the UF and SoCa games. Those game are very gettable and I think we'll get one of the two and should get both. I say that because I still believe there is talent on this roster that can be coached up enough to win them.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If we win 8 we've lucked ourselves into a good coach.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pruitt has played against WV a couple times I believe, so hopefully that will help planning. Or they can plan all summer and fall and look like they had no idea what was coming like Shoop/Butch did against GT

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Sept. 1 vs. West Virginia (Charlotte, N.C.)

Definite loss. Probably by some margin. 0-1.

Sept. 8 ETSU

Win. 1-1.

Sept. 15 UTEP

Nice scheduling. Win. 2-1.

Sept. 22 Florida

I have no rational reasons to offer up in favor of the position that we win. Loss. 2-2.

Sept. 29 at Georgia

Loss. Will not be close. 2-3.

Oct. 13 at Auburn

See above. 2-4.

Oct. 20 Alabama

See above again. 2-5.

Oct. 27 at South Carolina

Chicken dinner, baby. Defense wins muschampionships. 3-5

Nov. 3 Charlotte

Nice scheduling. 4-5

Nov. 10 Kentucky

I actually think we might win this one. 5-5.

Nov. 17 Missouri

I don't love the arc of this mizzou team. I see no reason they won't be able to score a ton on us next year as well. Loss. 5-6.

Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt

The glorious season-closing win gets us into the taxslayer bowl. Woohoo! 6-6.

TangoUniform likes this.
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ouch. Hadn’t looked at the schedule really. Didn’t realize how insanely likely a 2-5 start is. Tough to bounce back from that.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

2-6

7. Ssmiff

Would be a good year to draw ms st/ole miss instead of auburn/Bama. Bullshit imo

chavisut likes this.
  8. chavisut

That is a brutal stretch.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I can't make plans nine months away when the wife and I are talking about baby #2. That said, I would very much like to go, and if I do, I'll be wearing at least something orange, but quite possibly something blue and gold too. I don't usually do wishy-washy, but this is an exception. Hopefully David catches three touchdowns and UT wins 49-21

Volst53, justingroves and chavisut like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, I'd lean towards a loss to Gamecocks.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

UGA will be losing 31 Seniors including Chubb and Michel. I have not bought into the Kirby Smart is Saban 2.0 hype yet.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

They still have a team full of blue chippers, but losing 31 seniors will hurt. They have RB talent for days and the best OL coach in the country.

13. Ssmiff

I've never seen Kirby Schmarts tongue. He either doesn't have one or refuses to use it.

14. chavisut

I dunno about Saban comparisons but he's recruiting at an insane rate right now.

Swift coming back and two 5 star backs in this class.

15. Ssmiff

yet if their 5* qb doesn't go down, they aren't in the playoff, imo, and getting all this pub for their beatdowns. I think they are a good squad, but it was set up for them. Backup qb comes in and forces Chaney to not get pass happy. Play a terrible UT and UF team. Don't have to play bama reg season. And forced auburn to beat them twice in 3 weeks as auburn had bama in between.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They are heading to the playoffs in year 2 after losing their starting QB almost immediately. Our dumbass fans acted like we had Lombardi when Butch managed to win 6 in year 2 while bungling the QB situation from start to finish.

17. Ssmiff

true. I'm just saying I think they got a stroke of luck when Fromm had to play instead of Eason.

18. chavisut

UGA taking a huge step from the rest of the East pack today.

Six 5 stars

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Smells fishy.

20. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Why is that. They are in the playoff and graduate a bunch of players and will have another good team next year. There's a lot to sell to recruits.