Currie's first test

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 4, 2017.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Sab is basically a QB guru from playing backyard QB and having to escape the pass rush and closing pocket after 3 Mississippi from his 9 year old neighbor. I bet he is fairly athletic and accurate throwing objects. He'd make a great hitman.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That was just satire. I only jerked off the warehouse guys at HH Gregg for loading a washer/dryer combo, bro.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Nice

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The wrist action Sab was pulling off can not be captured on video.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Only because "Night Moves" was taken.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Didn't know we had a tennis team.

Much ado...

Doesn't move the needle in regards to anything of importance. Akin to firing the janitorial service. As long as TP is replaced nobody will care or notice.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That shit almost made me lose consciousness.

But to Eric's credit, he owned it and even sent me a copy of it later, when I requested it.

8. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Land in East Tennessee

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Haha. Yes.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not giving Eric any guff. It was a product of a time and culture on the Tennessee web world. If anything, he took a style of art to a new level. Night Moves!

It seriously unshackled my imagination as to what a recruit avatar could be. I didn't like what I saw, but that's part of life.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Winterbotham started off great at UT, but then had a couple of player leave early at the same time to turn pro, a promising RS foreign kid did the same, and then the kid from Nashville ended up having cancer and passing away. That said, there was a really strong group of kids from TN that were around the time that other kid came out and I am not sure he landed any of them. Heard multiple times that dude had some shady tactics.

If Currie wanted to make a statement, and I know we are simply talking Tennis here, but for your first hire, go make a run at Paul Annacone. His professional coaching career has slowed, so maybe he is attainable. If you can't land him, he either helps you land a good hire or you at the very least promote the interim Woodruff to full time. That would show competence in hiring.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Woodruff got the job.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is he any good? Interim hires never really get me to excited.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was an All-American here. Maybe we can bring back star athletes to run all our programs. Can't be any worse. Say hello to Coaches Manning, Slay, Burke, and Parker.

15. CardinalVol

03 seems to know a little about tennis and thinks so. I have no idea.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bring em all on.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think it is a good hire. Outside of going out and stealing a top flight proven winner, which would be a tough pull, I am not sure how you make a better hire. Former local star who won AA's at the hometown school and had a decent pro career.

Essentially, it will all boil down to recruiting both domestically and internationally.

18. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

Doesn't Gruden have a family tennis court near Knoxville? The writing is on the wall..............

19. CardinalVol

So far first two hires, while not grand slams, are both very solid with a lot of potential upside.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I give him a B+ so far