Dan Wolken Predicts Vol Tourney Chances

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Fair enough. I definitely haven't paid as much attention as I'd like to, which is one of the reasons I posted that. Surely someone has to have a legitimate reason that we're farther away than that, because we're not on anybody's bubble anywhere. Well, except Shawn Siegal's.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

To be a lock I think your mid-majors have to fall out as expected. Example - Murray State doesn't win the OVC and takes an at large spot away. That rarely ever happens.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I fully expect us to lose to Vandy so winning the sect is our only way in.

4. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

He said tonight that Tennessee still isn't even close. That seems like bullshit. This bubble sucks. We have to at least be mentioned.

5. WM

WM Active Member

My gut.. Lose the first game its NIT.
    A semis loss and we have a outside shot depending on what shakes down for other bubble teams. I would give us a 50/50 chance.
    Get to the finals i would be shocked if we dont get in.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Someone needs to adopt Tennessee as their pet cause. We have to be one of the better stories out of the bubble teams.

I'm fine with that someone not being Trollken, by the way.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Andy Katz has done just that.

8. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I agree w you

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He's not the only one saying it, but I don't really understand. A lot of people think Mississippi State is still in, for instance. We have four top 50 wins to their two. They have eight top 100 wins to our seven. They have two sub-100 losses to our four.

I can see how that yields them being ahead of us, but I don't see how it yields them being 10 spots ahead of us.

Texas is also considered a tourney team. Three top 50 wins to our four. Four top 100 wins to our seven. Two sub-100 losses to our four. And this team is also 10 spots ahead of us?

South Florida. Two top 50 wins to our four. Six top 100 wins to our seven. Three sub-100 losses to our four.

Is four really the magic number of sub-100 losses at which point it's just too many. If Georgia wins their first round tourney game and gets their RPI to 99, do we immediately go from well off the bubble to a tournament team?

10. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Great point. I guess I'm cheering hard for UGA and well find out.

I just don't see how we can't be in the conversation w those team right now.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not sure anybody knows the magic formula except the committee, and it changes from year to year it seems.

We're in the conversation, but still have zero room for error. I've got to think beating the #19 RPI team will do wonders for our RPI, but I just don't know.

I just wish we had Austin Peay back......

12. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

It does seem to change year to year