Darnell Wright to NFL

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Dec 12, 2022.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Looks like he will forego his Covid year. He has accepted invite to Senior Bowl.

He had a great year.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good for him. I would advise any player to go to the NFL if they can get drafted, especially in the first three rounds.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Go make you some money young man. He had a great year this year.

ptclaus98 and Volgrad98 like this.
  4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m particularly fond of any player with high expectations coming out of high school who has a tough road, stays through a regime change and still realizes his potential. Happy for the kid, now go get paid.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Happy for him. High character young man that deserves his shot at the next level.

ptclaus98, Volgrad98 and justingroves like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I kinda selfishly wish good players would stay at UT as long as the law allows but go get it, young fella

Volgrad98 and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mercy.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Think Clemson wishes they were in the SEC?

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Couldn’t help but think at least 2 of those teams in the playoff throw up a 9-3 at best against Tennessee’s schedule

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many cfb fans don't want to hear it, but it is [uck fay]ing true. ACC is trash. Pac 12 is going from mediocre to bad. B1G is simultaneously top heavy and underweight. And oh look, the only other conference worth a damn is going to lose its 2 most successful programs to... the SEC. The expanded playoffs is going to be blindingly illuminating for those that don't get this.

Imagine if we had 12 teams now. Georgia would be in, Alabama and Tennessee would be in. Lsu may be in.

Now, what are the odds that the sec doesn't make up half of the final 4? Hell, it may make up all of it.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm half starting to think TCU may have the favored hand of God behind it. In no way should they be here, I've counted them out half a dozen times this year, but here we are.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree, to be here is no more unlikely than to somehow best UGA. They didn't have an easy road and they do have some gamers.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

ALSO UGA is not used to having to travel like this. Does it matter? I don't know. I am sure they'll fill up the stadium.

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'll admit I had my doubts about Darnell when he first got here but with some coaching, you see why he was highly touted coming out of high school. Dude is a monster and barring injury, should do well in the league.

Coach Elarbee needs to stay at Tennessee for a good while.

Tar Volon, warhammer and utvol0427 like this.
  16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Pac-12 is on the upswing IMO. USC, UCLA, and Washington are improving. Oregon and Utah are still solid top 25 programs. Arizona and Oregon State may be getting feistier (though tough to extrapolate too much from one season in those cases). I don’t know that there’s a juggernaut coming out of that pile, but they’re getting more competitive. And Colorado probably will stop being a total trash fire.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

USC and UCLA are leaving

IP, VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many fans.