[ddiapos] interviewed today on Atlanta Sports talk radio

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by VolDad, Sep 15, 2011.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Watching, not on just yet.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Loved his quote about Tennessee fans dominating any stadium instate.

4. chavisut

SVP with the Squidbillies reference, awesome.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Always been a big SVP fan and that line did have me laughing, along with the jorts comment and the squidbillies reference.

The bottom line though, is even more so than Kiffin and obviously far superior than Fulmer, Dooley really knows how to work the media and make it all about the university and his players. Loved how he always talks about traditions when asked about his orange pants. Also loved how he talked about how excited and passionate you should be if you get to coach at the University of Tennessee. He knows how to endear himself to the fan and he seems to be really connecting with the players too. I continue to like this guy more and more after each game and each interview.

6. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

me too....but can he win?

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

still underarmed on defense. Mo Couch can be a legit DT, but not sure we have another right now. Jacques is a legit DE. AJ is a Mike and out of position today. Maggitt is an OLB and going to be strong. DB group is still suspect as hell to me. Seriously, if the new guys can't keep Art Evans off the field, they absolutely suck.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True, but the O may be able to bail them out in a few games, "may" being the key word.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have to think our secondary will improve as the season goes on.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not without some major changes.

Waggner is Waggner, Teague is Teague and Art's Art.

Gordon, Coleman and Lanier need to get better in a hurry.

11. chavisut

Has Teague looked that bad?

Seemed like Randolph was in for the majority of the game last week. I think we all like Waggner more at corner, I have no idea what those announcers were talking about saying safety was his natural position.

12. chavisut

Has Teague looked that bad?

Seemed like Randolph was in for the majority of the game last week. I think we all like Waggner more at corner, I have no idea what those announcers were talking about saying safety was his natural position.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Waggner is being asked to do a lot and teams are throwing away from Brent Brewer. Randolph looked good at second glance. They have to feel good enough about Coleman to leave him in one on ones even though he is getting beat a little. I find that interesting.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It says a lot about Art Evans and Eric Gordon imo.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I thought that Gordon and Teague were going to develop into real SEC corners a year ago...still puzzled as to why they aren't. Tools seem to be there. This is the game where the absence of JJ will begin to show up.