dear Cuonzo

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Jan 26, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I get you are a laid back guy. But for the love of God get angry with the refs and stand up for your team. If you get t'd up, it's ok. I promise.

2. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I am seriously wondering if he is afraid to show his aggressive side to not scare the southern white people.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He never got T'd up at Missouri St either FWIW

4. CardinalVol

I think it's up to 152 games now, and he's never had a T. I'm not saying get one every game just to get one, but on occasion you need to be in a refs ear enough that it warrants one.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Exactly. If you're standing up for your guys, you'll even get a few you don't deserve.

6. ramblin

ramblin New Member

He said last week he was trying to get a T and couldnt get one. Not really surprised since he tries to coach and cant either.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

99.9% of T's come from cussing or personal insults. Just not cuonzo's style.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Dear Cuonzo, i don't think i love you anymore.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think I could get a T without doing those two things by following a ref up and down the inbound line telling him how badly he is messing up, with detail.

10. shortgameVol

shortgameVol New Member

Yelling "Darn you ref" isn't usually going to garner a technical foul

That being said, Cuonzo is being sneaky with the refs

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you mean, "sneaky?"

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Cuonzo's been on the refs pretty consistently the last few games. Getting a T to prove you're working the refs is foolish and overrated in its actual impact on the game, imo.

13. shortgameVol

shortgameVol New Member

Watch Cuonzo real closely during play. He will meander over near the ref and direct someting towards him. I've seen the refs give him back some pretty solid stares.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree

15. shortgameVol

shortgameVol New Member

I agree 100%. Occasionally there is some merit to getting an "obligatory" technical foul due to a night of consistently poor officiating, especially when you know your team will respond with a renewed energy. I don't believe Cuonzo has that kind of confidence with these players yet.

16. CardinalVol

If you are working the refs enough, you will eventually get one.

When McBee took an elbow to the face Saturday and got called for the block and Cuonzo stood there and barely said a word was the line for me. He does not stand up for his team enough during games IMO.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

To me, it's all overrated and has nothing to with the outcome. I did agree with Hat, however, about if a ref comes over to berate one of the coaches or players on the bench, he needs to say something about that. Yelling about a missed charge? I don't think it matters at all.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I could never be a coach. I'd Bobby Knight a chair or Woody Hayes an opposing player most games, if my behavior watching the games in my living room is any indication.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've got 3 this year to prove otherwise.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

TSSAA officials, though