dear Cuonzo

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Jan 26, 2013.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

For what?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Suggestive gestures and handing out his number to officials mid-game

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I watched about 5 HS basketball games in Tennessee over Christmas break. 3 means you have quite a bit of restraint.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Standing up. Asking a legitimate question without any profanity and wihout being warned. And then the third was telling the official he was horseshit. So I'll give you that one.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

And I would get them too if I coached. I just don't think as a tactic it actually helps anything.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

What was the question on #2?

In the 5 boys games I watched, 2 technicals on coaches were called. Only one was close to being legitimate. I saw at least a warning every game, often for a coach dare pointing out obviously blown calls.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

"#5 is the best defender in this gym. Are you going to allow him to be the greatest ever to step foot in this gym or make him move his feet and stop with the hand-checks?"

Boom. Right there outside of our huddle.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I think that when it gets to a certain point your players are looking at you and saying, "you got my back?" I think that Cuonzo has been in situations where guys looked at him that way. Off the court I think they know he's a stand up guy that would go above and beyond for them. Sometimes they need to see it in the heat of battle, too.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Doesn't seem T worthy.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Buddy of mine got one in intramurals back in the day for kicking the basketball. It was outstanding.

11. ramblin

ramblin New Member

Got this one coaching 12 yr old AAU ball, by simply asking the ref, "Do you want to shoot them for the boy too?" Might not have been my first comment in the game.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"Anytime I see a guy getting a little off-kilter, I remind him, 'Remember, they came to see the Univ of Tennessee, not you.'" -Cuonzo Martin

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Hammer meets nail.

I love that guy.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really want him to work out here

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree with both of you

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I agree with all of this.

I still just wish he'd work an official harder during games when he needs to. There can be both. That said, his contact with the league office is obviously paying some dividends.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He's easy to root for. Now find a ball handler.