Debate Winners and Losers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

1. Gingrich- They came after him and they lost. Romney did have one good hit it was not based on any substance but was witty. Gingrich was right on with his opening remarks. What ABC did was STAR type journalism. Gingrich closed strong as well.

2a-Paul- He was really likable in this debate. It almost seemed like he was not running and is just spreading a message.

2b-Romney- He has no spine and has changed his positon so many times. For the record he was originally pro deportation and pro SOPA. Although witty his hit on Gingrich was not based on substance or content. It was a good play to the crowd.

4. Santy- He is just awful as a presidential candidate. His ideas are not functional. He seems to believe he is inline with most Americans. He seems like a nice guy and he should be a congressmen for a rural area. He should not be allowed near WH.

These are just my opinions. I understand we all see things with our own shaded glasses.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Romney- He didn't give them any negatives to talk about.

Pual- If he could put a full thought together instead of rushing and rambling, he'd be hard to beat in a debate

On another note, I really hate Santorum. You're a slime ball if you have to run on social issues, IMO

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Romney was awful if you know what his postion was on many things just a month ago.

We agree on Santy he came off as a complete douche and is hurting the process. He needs to go.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's the leader and no one landed a blow tonight to change that tonight.

I think Newt will make a run, but I don't know if it'll be enough.

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Newt was the leader in the latest poll but I do see your point. I think an educated voter would be disgusted with Romney at this point. I for one will not vote for him. He represents Obama with a Republican suit IMO. I wish we had someone like Gingrich who was not fat and on his third wife but Gingrich is a representation of the best we can hope for in America right now. IMO

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gingrich is in the position to benefit from these debates the most from here on, followed by Paul. Romney would be better off if there were no more because when things are quiet, he is winning.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'd like to see a link of where Romney has publicly said he supported SOPA at any time.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I understand the dislike for Romney. I think he's far, far and away the best candidate. But, I don't see how he is like Obama at all. There really is nothing to that.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

His record shows rapid expansion of govt and reckless spending. He is a lot like W and Obama.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maybe if the other candidates would focus on flip-flopping instead of his success in the business world, they'd have more success.

Honestly, I've been 51/49 Gingrich over Romeny since Day 1, but I have been very disgusted by his (and the Super PACs) attacks on Romeny's success.