"Deeep Learning"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe this will lead to more localization and custom work though. Plus it will drive prices down dramatically making us all richer

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My concern is that until the population shrinks, the transition period could get ugly. Only so much localization and custom work to go around with 7.5 billion people, and if we are just talking the West or USA, 350 million people.

I do believe that the population of the earth is about to peak. In the West, populations are already shrinking. And that may be our savior.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The world is getting richer so that's going to help stop the population growth.

4. NorrisAlan

While not really deep learning, I walked into my local McDonalds near the office because it is the end of the month and I am poor, and I saw the beginning of the end (and sorry for the out of focus picture, I was hungry and shaky):

[​IMG]

Even the shitty fast food jobs are getting replaced.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

These are in use at all the McDs I saw in London and Paris.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I used one of these a couple of months ago. it was glorious. they even brought my food to the table.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You'd probably do better at placing your order than some disinterested cashier. Much like almost anyone would be better at taking photos than Norris.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What am I looking at?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

DNA evidence of Bigfoot.

10. NorrisAlan

A horrible photo of a kiosk at a local McDonalds where you can bypass the register and place your order and pick up a cup and number where they will deliver it to your table.

And yes, it actually will make the orders near 100% fullproof for the store. "You got my order wrong!" "Uh, sir, you made the order..."

11. NorrisAlan

OK, that is funny.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Figures. It's blurry.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now what?