POLITICS Deep State

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

A thread to curate the news on the Deep State, Barr, and most importantly, John Durham.

This will soon be a lively topic of conversation.

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Someone really needs to be made an example of over what they did to the General. It's not about being a Democrat or Republican but this was downright character assassination.

3. Tenacious D

4. Tenacious D

(Liked & re-tweeted by Trump).

5. Tenacious D

6. Tenacious D

(Liked & Re-Tweeted by Trump).

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Comey is saying normally they would have to go through the White House counsel's office to set up a meeting with the National Security Advisor, but this White House was sufficiently disorganized that no one noticed and they were able to talk to him directly without the counsel's office clearing it and setting protocols? I'm not sure that alone makes him dirty but its pretty funny.

Basically they knew Flynn had acted outside the Logan act and they wanted to see if he'd admit to it, which would give DOJ material if they wanted to pursue it?

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Could we get one of the raging liberals on the site to comment on all of this? Would like to hear all opinions.

9. Tenacious D

Not according to the documents they just released.

It was a total, demonstrable, intentional setup, to get him to perjure himself or get him fired.

10. TennTradition

I read a summary of docs including on foxnews since I didn’t have time to read through docs. Above was the gist I got. That last bit sounds like a quote I read - but my take from that The question was asked by one of the investigators what is the aim, to ask him questions to see if he will perjure himself or to gather material that will get him fired. Which would seem to be consistent with law enforcement’s general aim of getting people to perjure themselves in hopes they’ll turn on someone higher.

The set up I guess is asking questions that they might lie about?

11. Tenacious D

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...-after-finding-no-derogatory-information/amp/

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...itics-the-investigation-of-general-flynn/amp/

If Flynn is exonerated, he’ll be on Trump’s staff within a month.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So did he lie? Why did he plea guilty? Why did Trump fire him?

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. TennTradition

Trump firing him was because he did misrepresent his conversation with the ambassador to Pence. Honest mistake or not it got him fired given the heat at that time. Hiring him back would just be to thumb his nose at Dems.

As for the “lie” to investigators. I don’t know. I haven’t seen transcripts. I don’t know if it really was just small inaccuracies that were honest mistakes or if he was lying. But the guilty plea can make sense. If they are draining you dry financially and then threatening to go after your son, you might plea - particularly if you know they have you on some mild inaccuracies and you think that’s enough.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

Here’s the big question, in my mind: Why were they so dead set against Flynn, then.

And @TennTradition look into the behavior of Flynn’s original counsel, when he made that plea....they were (strongly) alleged to be colluding with the Feds the whole time.

This isn’t going to play out in some Congressional Committee room, but a court room, IMO.

15. Tenacious D

TIL Brennan is a Muslim who speaks fluent Arabic.

Coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Lol what? I know this is late, but it couldn’t be more obvious from the video that he barely speaks Arabic. And I’m not sure why you think he’s a Muslim.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What?! Are you saying a Twitter handle called Deep State Exposed posted some garbled nonsense chasing their clearly identified conspiracy beliefs? And Tenny posted it as an item worthy to be consumed and taken seriously as a news item? Crazy talk!

tvolsfan likes this.