POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Headline--
    Trump tells blacks "you arent black if you vote for Biden" in latest racist laced comments..

Nothing else matters. Thats what would have been plastered and still plastered and if people cant see it, its part why there is such a divide. Just like the sexual assault allegations getting swept by same people who tried to convict kavanaugh behind made up bullshit. One side thinks its ridiculous and one side thinks they are in some game of destroy your enemy who votes differently, no matter what it takes.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Let's be completely honest here. You all don't give two [uck fay]s about what Biden said other than as an opportunity to shave the black vote from a guy you don't want to win the election. If it were Trump, then your reaction would have been very different. The fact that one side has your support doesn't bother me, but the hypocrisy kills me.

And, yes, Trump could very easily have a comment like that one die out by handling it the same way Biden did. I remember George W. Bush doing so on occasions. But, he's Trump, so he'll never do it and will prefer, along with his supporters, to [itch bay] endlessly about how unfair it is instead of working to ratchet down the noise. You piss and moan about how terrible the divide is for Trump without realizing one irrefutable fact; He. Does. It. To. Himself. If he wants to never apologize and argue for days on end about something he said, guess what? It's going to last for days on end and people are going to argue about it.

Will what Biden said come back up again? Probably. I have no doubt the "non-political" candidate in Trump will do so. But, to act like only one side can take measures to calm a controversy or some kind of sole claim on morality is so indescribably naïve and wrong.

3. Ssmiff

Nah i think most of us just shake our heads then shake more when it ends up being thrown back on us. The path is well worn

4. Unimane

No, you just prefer to wallow in your victimhood without bothering to understand why situations may be different.

5. Ssmiff

Victimhood? Goodness man that is exactly the point i just made.
    Biden says dumb comment. I shake my head. Consider what the media would have done had trump said the same idiotic thing and now its turned back on me as wallowing in victimhood and pages of defending or pointing back at trump.
    Rewind and play again. Pure comedy

6. Unimane

The victimhood is always thinking he's being treated unfairly without considering the fact the way they handled the situation has a significant impact on how the situation plays out and, instead it's just about how they want to get him and absolve Biden.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t like Trump but I feel confident saying the media would’ve lost its collective shit over it if he’d said it. Idk why that’s wallowing in victimhood. Just how I see it

justingroves likes this.
  8. Unimane

It's a common theme, "the media always treats us so bad" which Smiff always perpetuates, as do a lot of conservatives. I pointed out to him Trump does it to himself and how Trump could avoid the massive dust ups he has with the media. He exacerbates the problem which Biden, and a million other public figures, showed how he can often avoid. It seems worse for Trump because he perpetuates the controversy by never acknowledging his own faults and continually rehashing the issue over and over again, thinking he has to fight out every single slight or controversial comment. Thus, his never-ending pissing match becomes the media not letting things go to Trump and his supporters/defenders.

So, like I said, if Trump made a similar comment, and he has with the Jewish comment, then he would probably make it worse by doing what he always does in such a situation. Multiply this times the large numbers of incidents and then you get "the media is always picking on him". Biden had every media source headlining his comments all morning and early afternoon, but headed it off by apologizing not going to Twitter to make it bigger or have his Press Secretary come out and berate the press corps. But, he also, like Biden, could end up having minimal damage by apologizing, so it means he isn't treated materially different in this situation than Biden.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

10. Unimane

Exactly.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Being the recipient of all of the coddling I would not expect you to have an issue.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Stupid libtards!

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m honestly fine with mainstream media having a bent.

My issue is that they try to stifle public content on social media platforms through censorship that attacks the right and other nonestblishment view points.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no problem with stifling "nonestablishment view points" that will kill people, like the drugs and anti vax stuff. after all, if you can refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, you can refuse to peddle the tweets or videos of kooks. I was told this is what freedom is.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No we’ve talked about this before.

You can’t have it both ways as a bulletin center that isn’t held accountable to content and also use editorial power on content for the message that you support and like.

I might disagree with their message but that’s what an open and free society does is debate and attack points and ideas in the sunlight, instead of outlawing and banning idea and driving them underground.

16. Ssmiff

Ha. Cant have it both ways? They want it one way bro and until you realize it you are fighting a losing battle you victimhood seeking doucher.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, you are asking for it both ways. you don't want the kooks to have their videos taken down, but want every company to otherwise do as they please.

the shipping of jobs overseas was done under the same mantra call.

it's incredible, get what you want then blame the consequences on the government that did what you want.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

are you talking to yourself?

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm fine with them controlling content if they want. but if they want that responsibility, they are responsible for content and can be held liable for it.

I'm not fine with them having their cake and eating it too. They either allow a free platform and don't have to take the responsibility and liability of content. or they can keep censoring and controlling content, but then take the responsibility and liability of it.

It's not just the kooks getting their content taken down either, and who gets to decide what is kooky and not.

I've also not ever said companies should be allowed to do whatever they please, but keep making your straw men and making shit up.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is not a straw man. It is the obvious end result of small government and no regulation, and a focus on the individual. Coal barons are all about it. Love it.