Derrell Scott and Dewayne Hendrix absent from practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 6, 2014.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

You can't take Maggitt off the field ATP. It is surprising he hasn't been in the rotation more. I did spot him in the Vandy game.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Toos saying Hendrix is transferring. I haven't heard anything official yet but I do know he is not happy at UT currently.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That source is a VN rumor thread. He may transfer but I don't believe a VN rumor thread right now.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'll await Facebook confirmation.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Fb confirms my statement.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Done deal, then.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It sucks, but he's also been out played by Barnett and Maggitt.

I'm not sure what Butch promised him, but I do know you can't really take either of those guys off the field with the way they're playing.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's kind of what I would like to know. What did the coaches tell him when he was recruited.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably that he would have the season that Barnett is having

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

From what I remember, Kiffin had an honest approach in this regard. He would simply say, every player will be given a chance to compete for playing time, throw the depth charts out, the best players will play regardless of what happened before.

I think that is all you have to do, these kids have egos, use that to your advantage without making false promises. (This is under the assumption they were promised 'x' amount of playing time by Butch)

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch is selling turning a once proud program around and that age isn't a factor, the best will play. However, seeing a guy like Coleman Thomas out there over Kendrick or Jakob over Bynum, it makes you wonder if he's not trying to go full scale youth movement for the future, but then you have Worley over Dobbs.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kind of what I am thinking.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

True. It appears evident that they gambled on saving Dobbs' redshirt and lost once Worley went down, further proof of playing for the future as you mentioned. If Kendall is as good as he's being projected, losing Dobbs' redshirt won't matter.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If Dobbs' redshirt matter significantly, Butch won't be here long.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That's a good point.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'll ask here since Scott is mentioned and this may affect the depth chart for him but is there any truth to Paulk being reinstated?

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me why that was so important to them

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I understand starting the season with worley as the starter. If you name Dobbs in the spring or summer Worley and Peterman most likely transfer

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Think Worley would transfer to play one year?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't believe it until he was practicing with the team