Details on Butch's new contract

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Dec 10, 2014.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Seems about right for how we handle business. An average coach has Tennessee by the short hairs

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Barring the absolutely egregious, Hart made sure that Jones was here for 5 years the day he hired him.

This extension and raise just prove that the last two years were exactly as some have feared, all along - a complete, planned and meaningless wash.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I guess it's possible that the next administration would be able to pull together say $8 million without crying poor and doing the whole forgiveness of academic obligations charade that Hart/Cheek pulled last time. I don't think it's a sure thing by any means though, and it would most certainly invite greater booster influence, which could be good or bad I guess.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Our boosters apparently aren't all that concerned with winning, given how things have transpired the past few years.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They just can't all agree and the ones who can make em have been a little busy with the fbi and whatnot

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pssh, what is a little fraud investigation. I mean, come on.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I see Gary Andersen is going to Oregon State... is it too farfetched to think Butch could be a legit candidate for the Wisconsin job?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They might have a tough time getting a guy to make a lateral-ish move after 2 guys bolting on them in 2 years

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

How much pressure will this put on the Michigan hire now

11. Savage Orange

I just hope Butch doesn't figure out a way to leverage himself ANOTHER raise out of this...

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

What an absolutely moronic AD. Dave Hart contiues to screw UT sans lube and it's sickening. This basically assures UT's position as a mid-low tier SEC program for the foreseeable future. And the longer this continues the less likely it is UT will ever return as a top-tier program. I've always been certain Tennessee would one day resume competing for championships, but lately I'm not so sure. It is what it is I suppose.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

OP is kind of a fair point made really poorly. $1 million on the buyout and a 600k raise isn't going to keep Michigan away if they want him.

That's why the whole thing is just kind of odd. Hart just assumed a lot more risk on behalf of the university in return for... a small measure of goodwill from Butch?

14. Savage Orange

Kinda cool that the Wisconsin seniors have asked Barry Alverez to coach the bowl.game.

15. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

nailed it.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Partially true.

But it is a an infinitely more dynamic, sometimes volatile, and almost iridescent landscape of personalities, than that.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

No doubt. Suffice it to say things are totally fu**ed on the Hill.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Whole ****ing thing is embarrassing.

World class facilities, tradition, pageantry, fan support, hall of famers, etc., and it's managed like its ****ing Iowa State.

19. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Iowa State models their program on Iowa as well.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Are the bonuses cumulative? That would make more sense.