Disturbing triple homicide in NC over parking

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 11, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...h-carolina-at-their-family-home-10037734.html

Apparently CNN is beginning to pick this up too,

but 3 people, a man, his wife, and her sister, were shot in the head execution style in their apartment by a guy over some sort of parking space dispute that had been ongoing.

The incident has the wider atheist community on their back foot, as the suspect is an atheist/antitheist, and the police are investigating to see if this was a "hate crime." Richard Dawkins has already come out condemning the killings.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sad. Every faction has their nutjobs.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not so sure this has anything to do with the victims being Muslim or him being atheist. He's just a piece of shit murderer. He turned himself in, which means he isn't likely a sociopath. He comes across as really weird, in the separate article about him linked in the one I shared.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A lot of crazy *******s out there

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

why is it if the victims are Muslims that everyone is in a rush to apologize? If they were Christians, or another religion then people wouldn't rush to condemn

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Won't lie, I had the same thought concerning the Muslim groups who immediately called for an investigation of a religious motive. I think it is a "*** for tat" thing where they feel anything a Muslim person does is unfairly tied to their faith.

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

same goes for the gay community, anything that doesn't go their way is discrimination

9. NorrisAlan

All groups do it. Christians do it, mechanics do it, Climatologists do it, IT workers working at local community colleges do it.

Just how we, as humans, perceive the world. I am at the center of my world. Thus, everything that happens to me is because of who or what I am and is very personal, instead of just happening.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think he's a depraved and murderous nut job, and who may also happen to be an atheist.

Crazy is just F'ing crazy, and it is not limited to any one group.

Now, if this guy was also a hippie - or worse, a Parrot head - well, that actually lines up.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What about a baseball playing Parrot Head?

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That fact would require me to re-think my opposition to capital punishment.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it doesn't go their way because they are gay, they may have a point.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

15. NorrisAlan

And that is no lie.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I almost posted the same thing concerning governments in the Climate Change thread today. It is actually a quite versatile phrase.

17. NorrisAlan

You should trademark it.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Saw a guy pull a gun over a parking space someone swooped in on while I was back in college. #lotrage

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Blows my mind how people get so competitive and focused on grabbing the closest space.

Rather than taking the first available and getting on with their lives, they'll drive around making loops just waiting to snag something close to the door. Lazy, inefficient, despicable.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I usually park a couple of spots past the rest of the cars in the lot. Less chance of a random dumb ass hitting my car and I never have to worry about trying to find a space. I've never understood the people that spend 10 minutes looking for a spot. Even worse are the people who will sit and wait on someone to load everything into their car and then back out just so they can grab the spot.