Do You Let Your Wives/Girlfriends Drive Your Vehicles?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by govols182, Dec 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If she doesn't stop letting it run to withing 2 miles of empty, i'm not going to let her drive her car.

Inevitably I have to drive it and pray I don't get stuck on the side of the road before I get to a gas station.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sounds eerily familiar to my situation. My wife ran out of gas one morning at 5 am on her way to work. The two most frustrating things about that episode was that it was under one mile from our house and she was 9 months pregnant. I didn't speak to her for a few days I was so irritated.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is why it's a rare occasion

4. CardinalVol

We were running late for church last night so I couldn't stop on the way. Had to sit in the parking lot without starting the car so we wouldn't have to sit in traffic and run out of gas.

I have told her the day she runs out of gas not to call me, because I wasn't helping.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Once it gets to a 1/4 tank and it gets filled up. I guess I'm OCD about it

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Ditto.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I would think if she can't be trusted to drive your vehicle, it's probably not going to last long.

But the letting the gas run almost completely out thing would be a deal breaker.

8. CardinalVol

Make it 3. And if for some reason the light does come on, its getting filled up at the next gas station I see.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

351 miles exactly. That is how far my car can go on a tank of gas.

I am a practical idiot.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

She's not a bad drive anymore, but she has been in 5 wrecks in her life and 4 of them were her fault. All but 1 was before she was 18 though. I guess that just makes me weary of letting her drive my car.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

For some reason my wife doesnt grasp the concept of not running out of gas......she has ran out of gas 5 times in the last 9 years

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Holy crap. Her insurance must be high.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Nope, it's actually really cheap. And we have full coverage.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I am so freaking tired of my insurance rates in Michigan. It's ridiculous. I've never had a ticket or been in an accident, so I was quite used to paying for very cheap insurance. My wife hasn't had a ticket in 7 or 8 years...but she did have a no-damage "fender-bender" in a parking lot in Mass. Called insurance to let them know because the father of the teenage driver that didn't stop at the end of his lane was threatening to call his. So, that keeps us from being able to get a safe driver's discount with any new carriers (though we retained our safe driver's with the carrier we reported it to, until we had to give up that insurance when we moved). Stupid shit.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

of course not. everyone knows women can't drive.