Does anyone really want Lyle gone?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ptclaus98, Oct 20, 2015.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

und nie wiederr

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Zero competent coaches would want to come here.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yes.

4. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

Don't kill my buzz bro. The only hope I hold onto is that Lyle realizes the err in his ways and becomes the "CEO," which is something I think he can excel at. He is in no way a football coach.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Honestly, he doesn't seem self aware enough to realize he has a problem.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

His ego and identity is too tied to football for him to step back and assess it that way

7. Tmac61

I whole-heartedly agree. That is why I said earlier is going to take some important people getting as pissed off as the common fan is.

8. Tmac61

Lyle needs a mentor. And no...Not Debord. Someone who has been there and done that. Maybe Spurrier can be talked into doing something in the AD office.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Lyle isn't a football guy. He's a hard worker that has overshot his ability through work and little luck on timing .

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Good Lord.

11. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Here's the thing - What decent coordinator is going to work with a coach that's on the chopping block? That doesn't sound like a good career choice to me.

12. Tmac61

But the thing is that he's not actually on the chopping block. That's just our fantasy world. There is no reason Lyle can't get a top notch QB coach/coodinator. Look at the interest last year. Some top notch guys actually wanted the job before Lyle did the unthinkable.

Who wouldn't want to come here with the QB situation we have? the RB depth. The untapped talent on the oline and receiver.

The only think keeping Lyle from making a splash hire is Lyle.

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

What makes you think that Jones will change his offensive philosophy?

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This is one of the reasons, in my opinion, Lyle should be out on his ass.

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

He won't. butch believes his system is infallible.

16. Tmac61

Do you think he watches the games? Lyle didn't rise to head coaching to his offensive style ala Bobby Petrino, Fuente, etc.

Or maybe his plan will work with better coaching. That in itself is a whole other problem.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Bingo

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Better coaches will definitely help but butch's biggest obstacle is that he gets scared when the pressure is on.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If the important people get ticked off like we are, I'm hoping a change in the entire AD and HC position are coming soon.

Sorry, just don't share the same view as you on Ole Lyle. He has to be near perfect from here out to change my mind, but we've seen enough to know it ain't happenin.

20. Tmac61

Woah there. I in no way support Lyle other than in the way I'd support in UT coach. I want him gone. But just isn't going to happen. I think the best course of action is that be forced to make coordinator changes and leave them the hell alone.