Does Butch coach against UK?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 21, 2017.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I assume there was or multiple posters would be pointing it out as proof positive he was gone.

Just making an assumption.

2. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

KY has opened a 5.5 favorite against TN. Last time I saw KY a favorite was back in 1976, Bill Battle's last year.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Crazy how after the Georgia game folks were irate and wanted Botch gone NOW(!!!!) all sorts of threads about it were popping up. After the UMass "win", same thing. "Emergency meeting!!!" and all... Now, after the beatdown in T-Town, we're like "whatever... Just wake us up when Currie gets around to it..".

That level of apathy is awful. It's like we're conditioned to expect the very worst. Like an abused spouse we just figure "this is just how it's going to be from now on so I better figure out a way to cope with the disappointment and try to keep from getting my ass beat"...

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think there’s at least some sort of plan in place. There were meetings with boosters and meetings with Gruden. Butch is finished and someone is already being lined up to replace him. Option #1 is Gruden and although it wouldn’t surprise me if Currie has reached out to other guys down the list, I do not believe we have moved past Gruden yet. Just got to ride things out a little longer.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is a great post.

kptvol likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's Currie's white whale

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let's hope he doesn't kill Currie like Moby [penis] did to Ahab.

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Probably harsh, but I’m okay with sacrificing him if it means landing Gruden.

reVOLt and Tenacious D like this.
  9. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

At this point I think he’s in Lexington Saturday. I kinda hope so, that way I can throw something at him

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Spoilers! [uck fay]!

dknash likes this.
  11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, I was on page 784. Thanks, asshole.

12. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

This is what I hope, but can’t help being a little antsy. Going ahead and firing Butch would alleviate some of that.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The early line has UK the favorite. Let that sink in.

YankeeVol likes this.
  14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

By nearly a touchdown

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

[uck fay] my sports life. Why am I even a [uck fay]ing UT fan anymore after all the kicks to the [penis]?

kptvol and YankeeVol like this.
  16. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

This hire really will make or break my fandom.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have no idea why I am not a Canes fan. They're right down the road, they hired a coach that doesn'thave a tuba stuck up his ass, and they let you drink at the game.

YankeeVol likes this.
  18. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Keeping him around shows insecurity imo. It's like Currie's afraid to let lyle go and have the pressure fall on him. Acting like an insecure mid-major won't go very far in landing the big fish that we all want.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Don't tell me about the labor, just show me the baby. Get his ass out of here.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And let's just forget about giving the seniors any chance of playing under anyone but this ass pimple. Lest they enjoy the last few games of their college careers.