Does Butch coach against UK?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Each passing day that he's still here leads me to think likewise...

2. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

If he does, we probably aren't far enough in finding a coach. Currie doesn't seem like the type to fire a guy without having a plan. Beside, the national beat is still "Butch is on the hot seat." Trotting him out there again is only going to intensify that. The national bright light is on Butch, not Currie, so it almost plays in his hands to keep Butch taking the scrutiny while he moves in the dark.

Eventually, the focus will have to shift to Currie. But that isn't where it is nationally yet. We're there, but this place is the minority. We're always pissed earlier than everyone else.

reVOLt likes this.
  3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

this is politics and $ right now. Don't we owe hime over 2mil less if fired after Halloween?

5. Ssmiff

only thing pious was Pontius pilates porous pass protection

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Haven't heard this. Can anyone confirm?

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

To some of these boosters, 2 mil is like $2 to me.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

"2 dollars...cash"

[​IMG]

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Not sure, just scanned the PDF of his initial contract, seems like the year end is March 1, doubt that would change with an extension.

*editing this to say that year end is Feb 28. New contract year begins March 1, at which point buyout drops. Because this was established during his initial contract, I very much doubt it has been changed at extensions.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t think so. Seems the magic date is always after signing day, so February at the earliest.

11. Ssmiff

ok. Friend of mine said that in conversation. No idea where he got it.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I don't think he's getting fired this week.

Poorly coached or not, I don't think Currie pulls the plug unless the team absolutely quits. That may have happened with some players but not across the board.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So stupid if true

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The players deserve better than this crap

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Finebaum was baffled as to why Jones was still employed by Tennessee. If it were up to Finebaum, Jones would have been gone after the loss to Alabama.

"Butch Jones is still the football coach there, which I cannot understand," Finebaum said. "I would not have let him get on the plane last night, but obviously he needed a ride home. But I cannot imagine this university allowing this to go on any longer."

The ESPN SEC analyst then wondered what difference it would make to allow Jones to coach the Kentucky game next weekend. According to Finebaum, that would embarrass the Tennessee program.

"There's mixed signals coming out of that school right now. One report said they're going to let him go to Kentucky. If Tennessee needs to beat Kentucky to show that it's a legitimate program, they ought to shut it down."

Even Finebaum's ESPN colleague Booger McFarland got in on it by saying there is no longer any reason for Tennessee to wait to make a move.

"I go back to the game against Georgia. Peyton Manning is there being honored and you lose 41 nothing to Georgia." "To me it's not if, but when. And if that's the case, what are they waiting on? Put the man out of his misery."

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Will we fire after a win? A loss is easy, what if we win.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

How about we put him out of our misery.

awebb7 and warhammer like this.
  18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like it as well, but....

We were stupid enough to think Dave Hart was some mad genius until he went all full retard, too. Remember him keeping payments the AD was making to the academic side? We all thought that was to hire a quality coach. He hired Butch.

I'm not saying Currie is Hart. Not at all. I AM saying that we've been burned before when we thought our AD had some grand plan for a grand hire. Then that same AD took a giant shit on us, the AD, the team and the University. As a result, I'm withholding any attempts at reading the tea leaves on something like this. It's for my own well-being.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree. Been burned before, have a long memory

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Was there a Butch Jones Show today?