Don't give Tsarnaev death penalty

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 6, 2015.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/05/opinion/robbins-tsarnaev-death-penalty/index.html

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fry the *******

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Put a pressure cooker in his cell and walk away.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My way of dealing with terrorists will always be to figure out how long it will take them to burn to death, then take them up in a plane, light them on fire, then throw them out at an altitude that they would burn to death a split second before they hit the ground.

We have scientists and engineers that could figure this out, right?

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm cool with killing filth.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Apparently there are religious groups who have already done the math.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How would execution not be justice?

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Today's society never ceases to blow my mind.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really don't care, but I do agree with the idea that execution out of vengeance isn't healthy and I do not like the ala carte approach to the death penalty. I'd rather throw this guy on an island in the Gulf of Mexico and let him figure it out.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will just say that I used to be in the "fry em" corner, but have since changed my outlook on the death penalty. I think it does debase us as a society to kill people in the name of Justice (for the most part, there are always exceptions to any rule). I personally believe the death penalty is rarely looked at as justice but as vengeance, even when the person believes they are after justice.

This guy obviously doesn't care about life, as he so wantonly took it. But we do not have to stoop to his level. We can be better than that. Perhaps he will see the light before he dies, if you believe in an ever lasting soul. Or he comes to his senses and tries to help those in prison around him. Or perhaps he just sits there and rots in his own suffering.

But at least we can stop the chain of suffering that comes from senseless death.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't have any major problems with vengeance.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't mind if you're opposed to the death penalty. But you can't tell me this isn't justice.

13. OrangeEmpire

For the sake of asking, why can't life in prison be justice?

More than likely be outside the population in isolation.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm not saying it can't or wouldn't be. But I see no way to look at his execution and think he's getting a raw deal.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

being able to breath seems like a blessing for this dipshit.

16. OrangeEmpire

I agree with the author.

The justifications for the death penalty are down right silly.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have often thought that punishment should be the same as the method of the crime.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

only rational argument against IMO is cost.

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Let him have his 72 virgins.

[​IMG]

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

One minute he is a handsome young man going to College; the World is his oyster. The next minute he finds himself sitting in a 6 x 10 concrete cell 23 hours per day and getting fed through a slot.

I wonder if he ever tortures himself thinking about what he gave up.

PS: Security is tight around the Courthouse. It sits on the Harbor. The Coast Guard has boats maned with machine guns stationed around it.