Doom (4) Rumored to be Announced in June

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Feb 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Anyone else pumped for this game?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There really hasn't been a bad Doom game. There was a bad Doom movie.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Movies based on video games are reliably bad.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Has Bethesda made a bad blockbuster ever? The teaser alone looks amazing.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you ****ing serious? The Elder Scrolls Series? Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim? Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas? They merged with the Doom dudes a few years ago, so it is the same basic team who made Doom 3 making this.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ya that's my point. Bethesda makes great games.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I read it wrong. I thought you were seriously asking.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Have you seen the teaser that was released last summer?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

no

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I couldn't get into Morrowind, I imagine because I got it after playing oblivion and skyrim.

I've spent an embarrassing number of hours on oblivion and Skyrim

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Had you played Morrowind first, you would have loved it. It is hard to go back now.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I haven't played a shooter game since, good lord, Quake2. Also a little Ghost Recon around 2002. I am afraid my gaming days are drawing to an end. 10 years of WoW and that game has gotten stale (do not raid anymore, so that took most of the fun out of it). Shooters bore me after a while.

But I enjoyed the original Doom when it came out. BFG baby, BFG.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

For me it wasn't the step back in graphics, but in gameplay/combat. Just didn't feel like I had any control over it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Have you ever tried Skyrim or Oblivion? You might like it. It's single player, though. I think you'd enjoy the religious and metaphysical subtext of Morrowind, but the game has not aged well in terms of gameplay.

15. NorrisAlan

Did I mention I am too cheap to go drop coin on a new game? :p

I used to be a video game junkie, going all the way back to my Atari 2600 days. But now, just doesn't float my boat.

RPGs were always my favorite, though. The best game ever made was Ultima IV. If you played it when it was released, you would understand the absolute revolution that was that game. You lose an eighth!

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you are willing to play WoW for 10 years, you're spending some cash. You can pick up Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim really cheap these days. They are all RPG's, and are fantastic.

I liked World's of Ultima: Savage Empire. Lots of puzzles, had dinosaurs, was awesome.

17. NorrisAlan

Oh, I don't regret one dollar I have spent on WoW. It has supplied ten years of enjoyment. But I have been winding down for about a year now and I only keep the subscription these days because my sons like to putz around on it (I turn off all chat stuff). I just use the cheap thing as an excuse. I am just not much of a gamer anymore.